- 48 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 2 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Movies Sara Ali Khan Joins Deepika Padukone And Shraddha Kapoor At NCB Office For Questioning
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The 'Maruti Suzuki Jimny' has been one of the most-awaited 4x4 vehicles in India for a very long time. The rugged looks, the compact dimensions and the commanding ground clearance are some of the reasons why Indians adore the Jimny. The Jimny is also based on a ladder frame chassis with a 3-link rigid-axle suspension. In global markets, the Suzuki Jimny is the spiritual successor to the soon-to-be-discontinued Gypsy.
However, the Maruti Suzuki has not shared anything regarding a possible launch of the Jimny in India till date. Still, fans of the compact-4x4 are eagerly waiting for any piece of information pertaining to its Indian debut.
That being said, here are some things you should know about the Suzuki Jimny!
Models And Variants
With the 2018model, the Suzuki Jimny has reached its fourth generation. The very first Suzuki Jimny was introduced back in 1970 as the first-and-only compact 4WD vehicle in the small car segment. The second generation (1981) is basically the Gypsy we have in India. Then, in 1998, the Jimny got an upgrade(the one shown) and remained basically the same till date; a period of over 20 years.
The Suzuki Jimny comes in two variants: Standard and Sierra. The Sierra is the more loaded-up and off-road ready variant; as evident from its extended fenders. Both variants are available in three trims: XG, XL & XC.
The 2018 Jimny has two engine options: a 660cc turbocharged petrol unit for the standard variant and a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol. Both three-cylinder petrol units make 63bhp and 100bhp, respectively. They are the same units found in the third-generation Jimny and come mated to a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic.
However, if the Jimny makes its way to India, we expect it to have either the new 1.5-litre K15 petrol (105bhp; 138Nm) or the proven 1.3-litre DDiS diesel (89bhp; 200Nm) engine.
But the main highlight of the Jimny is its Allgrip Pro 4x4 system — the thing which makes it an ideal choice for all kinds of Indian terrain.
Features And Equipment
The Suzuki Jimny offers a host of features, arranged across the modern-looking interiors. Here are some of then:
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Automatic climate control
- Push-button start
- Automatic headlamps
- Cruise control
- Steering-mounted controls for the audio and phone
Globally, the Suzuki Jimny is available in five single-tone and three dual-tone colour schemes. The dual-tone schemes add a black roof to the base paints: Kinetic Yellow, Brisk Blue Metallic & Chiffon Ivory Metallic.
The single-tone paint schemes are Jungle Green, Bluish Black Pearl 3, Medium Gray, Silky Silver Metallic and Superior White.
Expected Launch Date In India
The global launch of the 2018 Suzuki Jimny happened on July 5, 2018. Since then, Maruti Suzuki has disappointed Indians by not revealing anything regarding the Jimny's debut in the country. However, some new rumours claim that the company will start its production in the country sometime in early-2020.
Expected Price In India
The expected price for the Suzuki Jimny is around the range of Rs 5.5 – 8 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Being a more premium Maruti, the Jimny could be sold exclusively via NEXA dealerships.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Jimny
The Suzuki Jimny has a huge fan base all over the world. In India, many enthusiasts have been waiting for a ‘Maruti Jimny' ever since the Gypsy was stopped from mass-production. While we still do not have a confirmation whether the Jimny will ever make it to Indian markets, we can be sure that the Suzuki Jimny is definitely one vehicle the country deserves to get.
Are you a fan of this compact 4x4? Do let us know in the comment section below.