- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Sales Report (November 2022) - Sales Up By 14.26%
- 16 hrs ago Upcoming Electric Scooters & Motorcycles In India – Future Sure Looks Electrifying
- 19 hrs ago Mercedes GLB Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 63.8 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Top 5 Upcoming CNG Cars In India – Brezza, Carens, & More
- Education Amrita IAS Foundation Programme Launches Comprehensive Online Sessions For Young Civil Services Aspirants
- Finance Brokerage Suggests "Add" This Midcap Banking Stock, Gave 9.56% In 1 Month, Target Price Rs 280
- Movies Entertainment Live News Updates: An Action Hero Takes Low Opening; Salman To Grill Archana Gautam
- News PM Modi’s Digital India vision an accelerator of progress: Google CEO Pichai
- Sports Pakistan will pull out of Asia Cup if tournament shifts due to India objection: Ramiz Raja
- Lifestyle New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
The 'Maruti Suzuki Jimny' has been one of the most-awaited 4x4 vehicles in India for a very long time. The rugged looks, the compact dimensions and the commanding ground clearance are some of the reasons why Indians adore the Jimny. The Jimny is also based on a ladder frame chassis with a 3-link rigid-axle suspension. In global markets, the Suzuki Jimny is the spiritual successor to the soon-to-be-discontinued Gypsy.
However, the Maruti Suzuki has not shared anything regarding a possible launch of the Jimny in India till date. Still, fans of the compact-4x4 are eagerly waiting for any piece of information pertaining to its Indian debut.
Models And Variants
With the 2018model, the Suzuki Jimny has reached its fourth generation. The very first Suzuki Jimny was introduced back in 1970 as the first-and-only compact 4WD vehicle in the small car segment. The second generation (1981) is basically the Gypsy we have in India. Then, in 1998, the Jimny got an upgrade(the one shown) and remained basically the same till date; a period of over 20 years.
The Suzuki Jimny comes in two variants: Standard and Sierra. The Sierra is the more loaded-up and off-road ready variant; as evident from its extended fenders. Both variants are available in three trims: XG, XL & XC.
The 2018 Jimny has two engine options: a 660cc turbocharged petrol unit for the standard variant and a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol. Both three-cylinder petrol units make 63bhp and 100bhp, respectively. They are the same units found in the third-generation Jimny and come mated to a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic.
However, if the Jimny makes its way to India, we expect it to have either the new 1.5-litre K15 petrol (105bhp; 138Nm) or the proven 1.3-litre DDiS diesel (89bhp; 200Nm) engine.
But the main highlight of the Jimny is its Allgrip Pro 4x4 system — the thing which makes it an ideal choice for all kinds of Indian terrain.
Features And Equipment
The Suzuki Jimny offers a host of features, arranged across the modern-looking interiors. Here are some of then:
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Automatic climate control
- Push-button start
- Automatic headlamps
- Cruise control
- Steering-mounted controls for the audio and phone
Globally, the Suzuki Jimny is available in five single-tone and three dual-tone colour schemes. The dual-tone schemes add a black roof to the base paints: Kinetic Yellow, Brisk Blue Metallic & Chiffon Ivory Metallic.
The single-tone paint schemes are Jungle Green, Bluish Black Pearl 3, Medium Gray, Silky Silver Metallic and Superior White.
Expected Launch Date In India
The global launch of the 2018 Suzuki Jimny happened on July 5, 2018. Since then, Maruti Suzuki has disappointed Indians by not revealing anything regarding the Jimny's debut in the country. However, some new rumours claim that the company will start its production in the country sometime in early-2020.
Expected Price In India
The expected price for the Suzuki Jimny is around the range of Rs 5.5 – 8 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Being a more premium Maruti, the Jimny could be sold exclusively via NEXA dealerships.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Jimny
The Suzuki Jimny has a huge fan base all over the world. In India, many enthusiasts have been waiting for a ‘Maruti Jimny' ever since the Gypsy was stopped from mass-production. While we still do not have a confirmation whether the Jimny will ever make it to Indian markets, we can be sure that the Suzuki Jimny is definitely one vehicle the country deserves to get.
Are you a fan of this compact 4x4? Do let us know in the comment section below.