- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Planning to buy a Maruti Suzuki car? Then you better hurry up as the company is all set to increase the prices. Yes, CarDekho reports that Maruti Suzuki will hike the prices of its entire product portfolio including the Nexa products.
The report states that Maruti Suzuki will hike the prices by up to two percent and the updated price will be effective from June 2018. The price hike will range from Rs 5,000 to Rs 25,000 depending on the model. Maruti Suzuki is yet to make an official statement regarding the price hike.
The reason behind the price hike is not revealed yet, but we expect that the prices will be increased due to the increase in input costs and freight costs because of the increase in fuel prices. The increase in the customs duties also plays a vital role in the price hike.
Maruti Suzuki retails its cars through the regular Arena dealerships and the premium Nexa dealership network. Popular products such as Maruti Alto, Celerio, WagonR, Swift, Dzire and the Vitara Brezza are retailed through Arena showrooms.
The premium Nexa showrooms retail cars such as Ignis, Baleno, Ciaz and S-Cross. This year Maruti Suzuki launched the new third-gen Swift in the Indian market. The upcoming launches include the new-gen Ertiga, Ciaz facelift and the new generation Wagon R.
Maruti Suzuki is not the only manufacturer to hike the prices from June 2018. Hyundai has already announced that it will increase the prices by up to two percent from June 2018. Increase in the input cost, increase in fuel prices and freight charges are the reason behind the increase in prices.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Price Hike
With the increase in the input costs, the automakers will increase the prices of the products in the country. Now, Maruti Suzuki will also hike the prices of its products to compensate for the increase in input costs. The fuel price hike has played a major role in the increase in input costs. We expect other manufacturers to follow the same in the coming days.