TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Planning to buy a Maruti Suzuki car? Then you better hurry up as the company is all set to increase the prices. Yes, CarDekho reports that Maruti Suzuki will hike the prices of its entire product portfolio including the Nexa products.
The report states that Maruti Suzuki will hike the prices by up to two percent and the updated price will be effective from June 2018. The price hike will range from Rs 5,000 to Rs 25,000 depending on the model. Maruti Suzuki is yet to make an official statement regarding the price hike.
The reason behind the price hike is not revealed yet, but we expect that the prices will be increased due to the increase in input costs and freight costs because of the increase in fuel prices. The increase in the customs duties also plays a vital role in the price hike.
Maruti Suzuki retails its cars through the regular Arena dealerships and the premium Nexa dealership network. Popular products such as Maruti Alto, Celerio, WagonR, Swift, Dzire and the Vitara Brezza are retailed through Arena showrooms.
The premium Nexa showrooms retail cars such as Ignis, Baleno, Ciaz and S-Cross. This year Maruti Suzuki launched the new third-gen Swift in the Indian market. The upcoming launches include the new-gen Ertiga, Ciaz facelift and the new generation Wagon R.
Maruti Suzuki is not the only manufacturer to hike the prices from June 2018. Hyundai has already announced that it will increase the prices by up to two percent from June 2018. Increase in the input cost, increase in fuel prices and freight charges are the reason behind the increase in prices.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Price Hike
With the increase in the input costs, the automakers will increase the prices of the products in the country. Now, Maruti Suzuki will also hike the prices of its products to compensate for the increase in input costs. The fuel price hike has played a major role in the increase in input costs. We expect other manufacturers to follow the same in the coming days.