- 1 hr ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 2 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Jumping parties did not augur well for many prominent candidates
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports Barcelona snap up Dutch teen star Reis from Groningen
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Special Edition Dzire in India. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire Special Edition is based on the lower spec, LXi and LDi trim. It will be available in both petrol and diesel variants.
The petrol variant comes with a price tag of Rs 5.56 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). While the diesel variant costs one lakh more. This makes it almost Rs 30,000 costlier than the standard LXi and LDi variants.
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki special edition Dzire comes with a host of additional features. These include power windows, wheel covers and rear parking sensors.
The special edition compact sedan also comes with Bluetooth enabled music system and remote central locking. Other standard equipment, as part of the LXi andLDi trims include ABS, dual front airbags and brake assist.
With the launch of the new special edition Dzire models, Maruti Suzuki hopes to increase sales of the lower trims of the compact sedan. The company aims to attract more customers towards the base variants, with the additional equipment offered.
Apart from the additional features, the compact sedan remains mostly unchanged. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire special edition continues to be powered by the same 1.2-litre and 1.3-litre petrol and diesel engines, respectively.
The 1.2-litre, four-cylinder, petrol engine produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque. While the 1.3-litre diesel engine churns out 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Special Edition Dzire
Maruti Suzuki has launched the special edition Dzire for the lower base variants, LXi and LDi. The company hopes to increase sales volume of the lower base variants of the Dzire in the country, with the added equipment. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire, in India, takes on rivals such as the Volkswagen Ameo, Hyundai Xcent and the Ford Aspire.