TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is Why ISRO's GSAT 7A Satellite Is Built Exclusively For The Indian Air Force!
- Criticising Virat Kohli For Not Playing A Spinner In Perth Is Unjustified — Praveen Kumar
- 2018 Best Smartphones With Fingerprint Sensor
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Petrol And Diesel Remain Steady In Price Even As Crude Prices Fall
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Best Winter Destinations To Visit From Pune
- Sanya Malhotra Rocked The Quirky Look In Her Latest Attire
Maruti Suzuki is all set to kick-off the 16th edition of the Desert Storm rally. The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will be flagged-off from Noida on March 18, 2018, and will culminate in the Golden City of Jaisalmer on March 23, 2018.
The 2018 edition of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm has attracted a record number of competitors. The rally is divided into four categories: Xtreme, Moto, Ndure and Xplore. The prominent highlight of the rally is the participation of several international riders in the Moto category.
The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is the country's longest cross-country rally set in the Thar Desert, Rajasthan. The rally will be an extreme test of mental and physical fitness of the competitors in the extreme heat and tough terrain.
In its 2018 edition, the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will be a more compact rally with the stages located around Bikaner and Jaisalmer. The competitors will cover an approximate total distance of 2,500km with a timed section of 900km.
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will witness the competitors tackling ten special stages spread across four days of rallying. The 200km stage of leg three and the 160km night stage of the fourth leg in the dunes are the high points of the 16th edition of the Desert Storm rally.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm
The 16th edition of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will kick-off the 2018 rally season in the country. The Desert Storm is the longest cross-country rally in India with some of the toughest stages in the Thar Desert. The competitors will tackle harsh weather, dunes and tough terrain, which will be an ultimate test of man and machine.
Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you the live coverage of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm.