- 1 hr ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 1 hr ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Jumping parties did not augur well for many prominent candidates
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports Barcelona snap up Dutch teen star Reis from Groningen
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is all set to kick-off the 16th edition of the Desert Storm rally. The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will be flagged-off from Noida on March 18, 2018, and will culminate in the Golden City of Jaisalmer on March 23, 2018.
The 2018 edition of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm has attracted a record number of competitors. The rally is divided into four categories: Xtreme, Moto, Ndure and Xplore. The prominent highlight of the rally is the participation of several international riders in the Moto category.
The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is the country's longest cross-country rally set in the Thar Desert, Rajasthan. The rally will be an extreme test of mental and physical fitness of the competitors in the extreme heat and tough terrain.
In its 2018 edition, the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will be a more compact rally with the stages located around Bikaner and Jaisalmer. The competitors will cover an approximate total distance of 2,500km with a timed section of 900km.
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will witness the competitors tackling ten special stages spread across four days of rallying. The 200km stage of leg three and the 160km night stage of the fourth leg in the dunes are the high points of the 16th edition of the Desert Storm rally.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm
The 16th edition of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will kick-off the 2018 rally season in the country. The Desert Storm is the longest cross-country rally in India with some of the toughest stages in the Thar Desert. The competitors will tackle harsh weather, dunes and tough terrain, which will be an ultimate test of man and machine.
Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you the live coverage of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm.