TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 Stage 3 complete. The third stage of India's longest cross-country rally, powered by ExxonMobil, started at Jaisalmer and culminated at Asutar.
The third leg of the Desert Storm 2018 also included a marathon 200km special stage with sand dunes and extremely high temperature. It was a day filled with drama with some major upsets in the overall leaderboard.
The biggest upset was the exit of CS Santosh as he met with an accident in the third stage of the rally. Santosh couldn't spot a sandbank and crashed heavily, which left him with a neck injury.
In the Xtreme class, Team Maruti Suzuki Motorsports driver and defending champion Suresh Rana (co-driver P.V Srinivas Murthy) was forced to retire after an engine failure. This incident also put an end to a thrilling battle between rally leader Abhishek Mishra (co-driver Venu Ramkumar) and Rana.
After the exit of Rana, Mishra now holds a lead of 25 minutes ahead of Raj Singh Rathore (co-driver Sagar Mallapa). Dharampal Jangra (co-driver Harikrishnan) of Team Maruti Suzuki Motorsports has moved up to the third position.
In the Moto class, Aaron Mare of Angata Racing took the overall rally as Santosh suffered a crash. The duo was locked in an intense battle before Santosh met with an accident.
TVS Racing rider Lorenzo Santolino moved up to second place in the overall standings and he was also the fastest rider in the third stage. Sanjay Kumar of Angata Racing finished the third leg of the rally in the third place.
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 Overall Results
- Aaron Mare (#3) 05:29:39
- Santolino Lorenzo (#2) 05:42:49
- Sanjay Kumar (#6) 05:51:05
- Aabhishek Mishra, V Venu Rameshkumar (#103) 06:55:38
- Raj Singh Rathore, Sagar Mallappa (#102) 07:21:55
- Dharampal Jangra,Harikrishnan (#118) 07:31:58
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Desert Storm 2018 Stage 3 Results
The third stage of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm witnessed a lot of drama. The top guns in the Xtreme and Moto class were forced to exit due to unfortunate incidents. The third stage was extremely tough with competitors facing high temperatures.
The fourth leg of the rally is divided into two parts and the competitors will tackle a distance of 452km in the region of Bhuwana, Asutar and Majid ki Basti. Stay tuned to DriveSpark for more updates on Stage 4.