TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 has come to an end with the conclusion of Leg 5. The fifth leg of the rally spanned across 105km covering the region of Kuchri and Asutar, before concluding at Sam.
The Xtreme class victory went to Abhishek Mishra (co-driver Venu Rameshkumar). Mishra took the rally lead and never looked back since the exit of Suresh Rana. Raj Singh Rathore (co-driver Sagar Mallapa) finished the rally in the runner-up spot. Niju Padia (co-driver Nirav Mehta) finished in the final podium place.
In the Moto class, Aaron Mare of Angata Racing clinched the rally victory ahead of TVS Racing rider Lorenzo Santolino. Both the riders tackled the harsh terrain extremely well to conquer the desert. The final podium place went to Sanjay Kumar of Angata Racing.
The Ndure class was won by Ashish Budhia (co-driver Arindam Ghosh) and the Xplore category victory went to Nipun Agrawal (co-driver Kabir Mansharamani). Overall, it was an incredible rally with harsh weather conditions and sandy stages.
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 Final Results
- Aabhishek Mishra, V Venu Rameshkumar (#103)
- Raj Singh Rathore, Sagar Mallappa (#102)
- Niju Padia, Nirav Mehta (#106)
- Aaron Mare (#3)
- Lorenzo Santolino (#2)
- Sanjay Kumar (#6)
- Nipun Agarwal, Kabir Mansharamani (#301)
- Surendra Gopu, Hardeep Singh (#307)
- Manoj Vaidya, Sukriti Goel (#317)
- Ashish Budhia, Arindam Ghosh
- Ruchit Jadhaw, Aditya Garg
- Gurpinder Singh, Mrinmoy Saha
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018
The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 is one of the toughest rally in India with high temperatures and sandy terrain. The riders and drivers had to face the extreme weather of Thar desert. The rally was an ultimate test of man and machine and most of the competitors finished the gruelling rally.