TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 has come to an end with the conclusion of Leg 5. The fifth leg of the rally spanned across 105km covering the region of Kuchri and Asutar, before concluding at Sam.
The Xtreme class victory went to Abhishek Mishra (co-driver Venu Rameshkumar). Mishra took the rally lead and never looked back since the exit of Suresh Rana. Raj Singh Rathore (co-driver Sagar Mallapa) finished the rally in the runner-up spot. Niju Padia (co-driver Nirav Mehta) finished in the final podium place.
In the Moto class, Aaron Mare of Angata Racing clinched the rally victory ahead of TVS Racing rider Lorenzo Santolino. Both the riders tackled the harsh terrain extremely well to conquer the desert. The final podium place went to Sanjay Kumar of Angata Racing.
The Ndure class was won by Ashish Budhia (co-driver Arindam Ghosh) and the Xplore category victory went to Nipun Agrawal (co-driver Kabir Mansharamani). Overall, it was an incredible rally with harsh weather conditions and sandy stages.
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 Final Results
- Aabhishek Mishra, V Venu Rameshkumar (#103)
- Raj Singh Rathore, Sagar Mallappa (#102)
- Niju Padia, Nirav Mehta (#106)
- Aaron Mare (#3)
- Lorenzo Santolino (#2)
- Sanjay Kumar (#6)
- Nipun Agarwal, Kabir Mansharamani (#301)
- Surendra Gopu, Hardeep Singh (#307)
- Manoj Vaidya, Sukriti Goel (#317)
- Ashish Budhia, Arindam Ghosh
- Ruchit Jadhaw, Aditya Garg
- Gurpinder Singh, Mrinmoy Saha
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018
The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 is one of the toughest rally in India with high temperatures and sandy terrain. The riders and drivers had to face the extreme weather of Thar desert. The rally was an ultimate test of man and machine and most of the competitors finished the gruelling rally.