- 45 min ago New Maruti Suzuki Premium Six-Seater MPV Spied — To Be Called The ‘XL6’
- 45 min ago Delhi Police Launches E-Challan And E-Payment System — Traffic Violators Beware
- 16 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- News Govt hell bent to make RTI an extinct law: Sonia Gandhi
- Finance Gold Price Hits New Record High Of Over Rs. 36,000: This Much Return You Can Expect From Metal
- Technology Jio GigaFiber: Difference Between Rs. 2,500 and Rs. 4,500 Router
- Movies Shivrajkumar Cries Before His Fans, From Across The Sea; Here’s Why He Got Emotional!
- Sports At 34, playing second-fiddle to younger Rishabh Pant will not help Wriddhiman Saha
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani Gives Us A Jaw-dropping Moment With Her Red Lehenga At FDCI India Couture Week 2019
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift has been launched in India. The sedan comes with a starting price of Rs 8.19 lakh and Rs 10.97 lakh for the base and top-end variants, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Ciaz facelift is offered with the choice of both petrol and diesel engines. This includes the all-new 1.5-litre petrol and the tried and tested 1.3-litre diesel engine options.
The new 1.5-litre petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. This is further mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox.
The diesel version of the Ciaz though carries forward the same 1.3-litre power unit. It produces 88bhp and 200Nm of torque. The diesel engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Both engines on the Ciaz further comes with Maruti's SHVS Technology (Smart Hybrid Vehicle System). This features a lithium-ion battery, which stores energy produced during regenerative braking.
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift is available in a range of four variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Here is a breakup of each variant, along with its price and important features.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Sigma (Rs 8.19 - Rs 9.19 lakh)
- Halogen Projector headlamps
- Body-coloured ORVMs with integrated turn indicators
- TFT multi-info display (Petrol only)
- Power windows
- Wood accents on door
- Tilt steering
- Seat-belt reminder for driver and front passenger
- Front and rear armrests
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- 15-inch steel wheels
The base Sigma variant of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz comes with both the petrol and diesel smart hybrid system. However, the petrol version of the Sigma variant comes with just the manual gearbox, without the optional AMT. The smart hybrid sigma variant is priced at Rs 8.19 lakh, while the diesel variant comes with a price tag of Rs 9.19 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Delta (Rs 8.80 - 9.80 lakh)
- Cruise Control
- Auto AC
- 15-inch alloy wheels with 185/65 R15 tyres
- Silver fog lamp garnish
- Chrome door sills
- Automatic climate control
- Height adjustable driver's seat
- Front fog lamps
- ESP with hill hold (automatic only)
The petrol version of the Ciaz Delta variant is offered with the option of both manual and automatic gearboxes. The manual petrol smart hybrid comes at a price tag of Rs 8.80 lakh, while the automatic version is priced at Rs 9.80 lakh. The diesel version is available only with the manual transmission and costs Rs 9.80 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Zeta (Rs 9.57 - 10.57 lakh)
- Automatic headlamps
- LED projector headlamps
- LED DRL
- LED taillamps
- Height adjustable headrest (front and rear)
- Push Start/Stop
- Electrically Foldable ORVM
- LED front fog lamps
- Reverse parking camera
The Maruti Ciaz Zeta variant is available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol hybrid further comes with the choice of either a manual or automatic gearbox. The manual petrol hybrid version is priced at Rs 9.57 lakh, while the automatic version comes with a price tag of Rs 10.57 lakh. The diesel version of the Ciaz Zeta is priced at Rs 10.57 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Alpha (Rs 9.97 - 10.97 lakh)
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- 195/55 R16 tyres
- Chrome door handles
- Leather seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- SmartPlay infotainment system
- Voice Command
The top-end petrol smart hybrid is priced at Rs 9.97 lakh for the manual version, while the automatic version is priced at Rs 10.97 lakh. The diesel version also comes with a price tag of Rs 10.97 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from all these features, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz also comes with a host of safety features. These include dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, Speed alert system, seat-belt warning, electronic stability control and hill-hold assist
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Mileage Figures
Maruti Suzuki offers both the petrol and diesel versions of the Ciaz with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle System) Technology. This helps the sedan offer good performance while returning excellent mileage figures.
The Ciaz Smart Hybrid Petrol claims a fuel efficiency figure of 21.56km/l for the manual version and 20.28km/l for the automatic version. The diesel Ciaz Smart Hybrid, on the other hand, claims a fuel efficiency of 28.09km/l/.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Colours
The new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz comes with a choice of seven colours: Pearl Snow White, Metallic Premium Silver, Pearl Metallic Dignity Brown, Pearl Sangria Red, Nexa Blue, Pearl Midnight Black and Metallic Magma Grey.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ciaz Facelift Variants
The new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift has finally been launched. The Ciaz is also the first product offering from the brand to feature a petrol hybrid technology. The Ciaz also features Suzuki's new K15B Series petrol engine. The engine is also expected to make its way to Maruti's upcoming Ertiga MPV.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in Indiatakes on competition such as the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the recently launched Toyota Yaris.