TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
India's leading passenger vehicle manufacturer Maruti Suzuki's entire product portfolio ranging from Alto to Ciaz features a 5-speed gearbox. Now, MoneyControl reports that Maruti will soon introduce a new 6-speed gearbox to make its cars more driver-centric.
Maruti Suzuki is planning to introduce a new 6-speed gearbox codenamed as MF30, and it will boost the overall performance of the cars. The first car to get the new 6-speed gearbox is likely to be the new Swift which was launched at Auto Expo 2018.
There is no confirmation about which cars will get the 6-speed gearbox, but it is safe to assume that the Baleno, Vitara Brezza, Ciaz and the S-Cross will utilise the new gearbox. The addition of sixth gear comes with several advantages. The primary gain will be the improvement in performance.
The new 6-speed gearbox will improve the fuel efficiency and aids in comfortable cruising speeds without stressing the engine. For example, one can cruise at 80-100km/h in sixth gear instead of fifth. This will improve the overall fuel economy and reduces the stress on the engine.
Previously, Maruti Suzuki had introduced the 6-speed gearbox on the first-gen S-Cross. The 1.6-litre diesel engine was mated to a 6-speed gearbox. But in its facelifted avatar, Maruti Suzuki decided to discontinue the 1.6-litre engine and the 6-speed gearbox.
The reason behind Maruti Suzuki deciding to offer 6-speed gearbox is because of the competition. For example, Hyundai cars such as Elite i20, Verna, Creta and Elantra feature a 6-speed gearbox.
Tata Motors also offer 6-speed gearbox on the Nexon and Hexa. Renault Captur, Duster and Lodgy too utilise a 6-speed gearbox.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Offering 6-Speed Gearbox
Maruti Suzuki has been a dominant player in the Indian car market with popular cars such as Alto, Swift and Vitara Brezza. But all the cars are equipped with a 5-speed gearbox. With the introduction of the 6-speed transmission, the cars will deliver improved performance and better fuel efficiency.