- 3 min ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 2 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- 4 hrs ago Ford India, Mahindra To Oversee International Markets Group — Cater For 100 Emerging Markets
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Working On A New Electric Car Under Rs 10 Lakh — An Electric Vehicle For The Masses
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- News Veteran Bengali actor Swarup Dutta passes away
- Sports My target is to qualify for World Championships and then Tokyo Olympics: Dutee Chand
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora's Colourful Dress Is What You Need On A Dull Rainy Day
- Technology Exclusive: Baseus Plans to Manufacture Products In India By 2020
- Travel Chandrashila trek: Lose yourself, be awestruck.. such is the majestic view from summit
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Maruti Suzuki models have got into the list of Top Five passenger vehicles sold in India, at the end of fiscal year, 2017-18. The Maruti Alto has topped the list with a sales figure of 2.5 lakh units. This was followed by the Dzire at 2.4 lakh, and then the Baleno at 1.9 lakh. The Maruti Swift and WagonR paced close at 1.7 lakh and 1.68 lakh, respectively.
Maruti Suzuki is India's biggest, and the seventh largest automotive company in the world. Maruti cars have always entered the list of Top 10 cars sold in India. This year, sales numbers for cars such as the Alto and the Dzire have come down in comparison with the last fiscal.
The Times Of India reports that the entry-level, Alto and the compact sedan, Dzire have fallen in 'sales figure difference', from above 40,000 units in the fiscal of 2016-17 to just 18,415 units, now. Although the Alto has grown in sales by 7%, the difference in figures happened due to Dzire's sales growth at 20%. Meanwhile, the Wagon R has gone down from 1.72 lakh units in the fiscal year of 2016-17, to 1.68 lakh.
If there have been any fluctuations in growth, the primary reason for that is the strong competition from manufacturers such as Tata, Hyundai and Honda. These brands make really good products in the passenger vehicles category.
Compared to the present and previous fiscals, the Maruti Baleno which grew in sales by 58% year-on-year, witnessed the highest growth; the second being the Dzire. While the Swift grew by 5.4%, sales of the WagonR fell by 2%.
Maruti models such as the Vitara Brezza and the Celerio have got into the Top 10 list of passenger vehicles sold in India. Maruti Suzuki has been the first name for the wider mass in India for a very long time when it comes to passenger cars. Maruti cars becoming the Top Five cars sold in India, further proves it.
Thoughts On Maruti Cars Being The Top Five Selling Cars In India
Maruti Suzuki is still seen as the 'common man's car' in India by a large majority. India, being a country with a good proportion of middle-class mass, has always seen a huge demand for affordable passenger cars. Though other manufacturers offer products in almost every category in which Maruti sells, the majority still prefers Maruti Suzuki; the Alto being the best example.