Maruti Ignis Diesel Version Discontinued In India

By Rahul

Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the sales of the diesel version of its Ignis offering in India. According to GaadiWaadi, the reason for the discontinuation was the lack of demand for the diesel version.

Maruti Ignis Diesel Version Discontinued In India; Low Demand And Sales Volume

The Maruti Ignis diesel version came with the 1.3-litre DDiS, four-cylinder engine. It produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT transmission.

The diesel variant of the Maruti Ignis accounted for just 10 percent of the total sales. The remaining 90 percent of the sales came from the petrol powered models.

Maruti Ignis Diesel Version Discontinued In India; Low Demand And Sales Volume

The Marui Ignis was first launched in the Indian market back in January 2017. The Ignis is Maruti's entry-level hatchback, in the International markets.

In India, the Maruti Ignis is sold under the company's premium NEXA chain of dealerships. The Ignis for an entry-level hatchback offers a host of features and customisation packages.

Maruti Ignis Diesel Version Discontinued In India; Low Demand And Sales Volume

Standard features on the Maruti Ignis: dual airbags, ABS, 15-inch alloy wheels and LED projector headlamps. The hatchback also offers Nexa safety shield at the front and rear and pre-tensioners.

Inside, the Maruti Ignis gets a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, mirror link, smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Maruti Ignis Diesel Version Discontinued In India; Low Demand And Sales Volume

The Maruti Ignis, however, is still available in the petrol version. The Ignis is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine. This produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox.

Maruti Ignis Diesel Version Discontinued In India; Low Demand And Sales Volume

Thoughts On The Maruti Ignis

The Maruti Ignis is a fun to drive hatchback, with a starting price of Rs 4.66 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Ignis competes with the Hyundai Grand i10 and the Mahindra KUV100 in the Indian market.

Read more on: #maruti suzuki
Story first published: Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 16:33 [IST]
India's LARGEST EVER political poll. Have you participated yet?
X

Get Instant Auto Updates From DriveSpark

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Drivespark sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Drivespark website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more