- Maruti Dzire Special Edition Launched At Rs 5.56 Lakh; Gets ABS & Power Windows On The Base Trims
- 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Teased Ahead Of Launch — Gets New LED Lights
- 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Official Bookings Begin — Launch Date Revealed
- New Maruti Swift AMT Launched In Top Variants
- Maruti Baleno To Be Sold As A Toyota Soon — Details Revealed
- Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol — Expected Launch Date, Price, Mileage, Specifications, Features & More
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the sales of the diesel version of its Ignis offering in India. According to GaadiWaadi, the reason for the discontinuation was the lack of demand for the diesel version.
The Maruti Ignis diesel version came with the 1.3-litre DDiS, four-cylinder engine. It produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT transmission.
The diesel variant of the Maruti Ignis accounted for just 10 percent of the total sales. The remaining 90 percent of the sales came from the petrol powered models.
The Marui Ignis was first launched in the Indian market back in January 2017. The Ignis is Maruti's entry-level hatchback, in the International markets.
In India, the Maruti Ignis is sold under the company's premium NEXA chain of dealerships. The Ignis for an entry-level hatchback offers a host of features and customisation packages.
Standard features on the Maruti Ignis: dual airbags, ABS, 15-inch alloy wheels and LED projector headlamps. The hatchback also offers Nexa safety shield at the front and rear and pre-tensioners.
Inside, the Maruti Ignis gets a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, mirror link, smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The Maruti Ignis, however, is still available in the petrol version. The Ignis is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine. This produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ignis
The Maruti Ignis is a fun to drive hatchback, with a starting price of Rs 4.66 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Ignis competes with the Hyundai Grand i10 and the Mahindra KUV100 in the Indian market.