TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the sales of the diesel version of its Ignis offering in India. According to GaadiWaadi, the reason for the discontinuation was the lack of demand for the diesel version.
The Maruti Ignis diesel version came with the 1.3-litre DDiS, four-cylinder engine. It produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT transmission.
The diesel variant of the Maruti Ignis accounted for just 10 percent of the total sales. The remaining 90 percent of the sales came from the petrol powered models.
The Marui Ignis was first launched in the Indian market back in January 2017. The Ignis is Maruti's entry-level hatchback, in the International markets.
In India, the Maruti Ignis is sold under the company's premium NEXA chain of dealerships. The Ignis for an entry-level hatchback offers a host of features and customisation packages.
Standard features on the Maruti Ignis: dual airbags, ABS, 15-inch alloy wheels and LED projector headlamps. The hatchback also offers Nexa safety shield at the front and rear and pre-tensioners.
Inside, the Maruti Ignis gets a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, mirror link, smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The Maruti Ignis, however, is still available in the petrol version. The Ignis is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine. This produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ignis
The Maruti Ignis is a fun to drive hatchback, with a starting price of Rs 4.66 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Ignis competes with the Hyundai Grand i10 and the Mahindra KUV100 in the Indian market.