TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
The new 2018 version of the Maruti Ertiga MPV was recently unveiled at IIMS this year. The MPV is expected to launch in the Indian market sometime later this year.
The new 2018 Ertiga MPV features a completely new design language as compared to the older generation. The latest iteration of the MPV offering from Maruti will be based on the HEARTECT platform. This is the same platform used by the Swift, Dzire and Ignis offerings from Maruti.
The 2018 Ertiga is expected to be powered by Maruti's new 1.5-litre, K15B Series petrol engine. This engine will produce 102bhp and 138nm of torque. The spy images now show that the new model might come with a six-speed manual gearbox. The MPV however, will carry forward the same diesel engine as on the current model, the 1.3-litre power unit.
The new Maruti Ertiga MPV features a newly designed front bumper with triangular housing for the fog lamps, chrome-studded grille, large central air dam, a redesigned tailgate and a pair of L-shaped tail lights.
On the inside, the MPV is set to get a beige interior with faux wood inserts and a touchscreen infotainment system. Other features include roof-mounted AC vents, 60:40 split middle-row seats and 50:50 split third-row seats.
Other features include Bluetooth and smartphone connectivity, push start/stop button, new leather-wrapped steering wheel with wooden ornaments and tilt function, new instrument cluster design and seat height adjustment.
Safety features on the Ertiga include dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors and Electronic Stability Programme (ESP).
Also Read: New Maruti Ertiga Unveiled At IIMS 2018
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga
Maruti has been testing the six-speed manual gearbox for a long time. The spy images indicate that the Maruti Ertiga might be the first offering from the company with the new gearbox.
Once launched, the Maruti Ertiga MPV will rival the likes of Mahindra's new MPV which is expected to launch soon as well.