- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Toyota Introduces Service Campaign With Added Benefits: Valid Till 31st December
- 7 hrs ago Ola Self Drive Service Launched In Bangalore Called The ‘Ola Drive’
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Products Will Export From India To International Market
- Technology Xiaomi Sees 30-40% Growth In Offline Sales: Report
- Movies Karwa Chauth 2019: Inside Pics Of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan & Sonali Bendre From Jalsa
- Sports ISL 2019-20: ATK building a legacy with focus on youth
- News Kartarpur Corridor: Reached agreement on all issues, except service fee, says MEA
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Lifestyle 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Spike 13% As UK Strikes New Brexit Deal
Maruti Suzuki Dzire becomes the best and fastest-selling car on sale in India. The compact-sedan from the popular Indian car company has crossed 3 lakh in sales in just a period of 17 months. The latest and third-generation Maruti Dzire was launched back in May 2017 at a starting price of Rs 5.45 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Maruti Dzire is undoubtedly the most popular choice in the trending compact-sedan segment in India. In fact, Maruti Suzuki shared that 75 per cent of their customers would've already decided to purchase the Dzire when they go to the dealership.
Based on the Swift hatchback, the Maruti Dzire is available in both petrol and diesel formats, along with the option for a 5-speed AGS (Auto Gear Shift) AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) gearbox. While the Swift follows a sporty styling approach, the Dzire showcases a rather elegant theme.
Sales of the Maruti Dzire have always been high and the brand often succeeds in becoming one of the top performers on the market; evident from last month's automotive sales report. If we take individual models too, the list of best-selling cars in India at any given time will have the Maruti Dzire in the top five positions.
The Maruti Dzire is powered by either a 1.2-litre petrol or a 1.3-litre diesel engine, as mentioned before. The petrol engine makes 82bhp and 113Nm of torque while the diesel is good for 74bhp and 190Nm. On the fuel efficiency front, the petrol-powered Dzire returns a claimed mileage of 22km/l while the diesel model promises up to around 28km/l.
Senior Executive Director (Marketing & Sales) of Maruti Suzuki, R S Kalsi shared, "We launched the new Dzire with smooth sedan styling, plush and roomy interiors, superior overall comfort and advanced safety features. It has created an excitement among our customers. The sales of new Dzire shot up by 28 per cent compared to the previous generation car."
"The new Dzire meets the aspirations of young and indulgence seeking Indian customer. The testimony to it is 25 per cent of customers have opted for the top variants, which are loaded with new features. The hugely popular Auto Gear Shift (AGS) technology is available on more variants of the Dzire, starting from the V trim up to Z and Z+. Nearly 20 per cent of buyers have chosen the automatic variant. We thank our customers for their tremendous support to all new Dzire", Kalsi further added.
Thoughts On Maruti Dzire Becoming The Fastest-Selling Car In India
The Maruti Dzire is the perfect car for the average Indian buyer. It has got the essential features, class-leading mileage figures, adequate amounts of power and good ground clearance. The excellent service network of Maruti Suzuki and their brand value among Indians are also a plus.