TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
The new Maruti Ciaz facelift is all set to be launched in India later this year. According to recent reports from CarDekho, the updates on the facelift model will not be limited to just cosmetic changes.
The new Maruti Ciaz facelift is all set to get a new 1.5-litre, K15-Series petrol engine with the Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki (SHVS) technology. The SHVS is a mild hybrid technology from Maruti. The Ciaz will be the first petrol car in Maruti's lineup to come with this feature.
The new K15B petrol engine was first seen on the upcoming 2018 Ertiga during its reveal in Indonesia. The Ciaz facelift is also expected to get the same engine, which will replace the 1.4-litre K14B engine as on its current model.
The Indonesian-spec K15B petrol engine produces 103bhp and 138Nm of torque. This makes the new 1.5-litre engine more powerful than the outgoing engine. The older 1.4-litre engine in comparison produced just 90bhp and 130Nm of torque.
Maruti currently offers the SHVS technology only on its DDiS 200 diesel engine, as seen on the current Ertiga, Ciaz and S-Cross offerings. The DDiS 200 is a 1.3-litre diesel unit producing 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The company is also working on replacing this unit with a larger 1.5-litre engine at a later stage.
Apart from the new petrol engine with SHVS technology, the Maruti Ciaz facelift will also feature a number of exterior and interior upgrades. These include a revised bumper, new grille and newly designed air dam.
Other exterior changes include new 16-inch alloy wheels, rear bumpers, tailgate design and a new tail light design.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Facelift
The Maruti Ciaz facelift is all set to be launched in India during the festive season. Once launched, the new Ciaz with the powerful engine will offer stiff competition to its rivals in the segment. The rivals to the Ciaz include Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and the Skoda Rapid.