- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 13 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Ahead of crucial trust vote, all odds against Karnataka government
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
The launch of the 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift will take place on the first week of August this year. Reports from TOI, have confirmed the timeframe of the launch of the facelift sedan. Bookings for the Ciaz facelift will begin from the end of July 2018.
We had already announced that the Ciaz is expected to launch sometime during the 2018 festive season. Now, we have a more specific timeframe for the launch of the facelift sedan offering from Maruti.
The 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift though, will not be limited to just cosmetic changes. Earlier reports have confirmed that the sedan will come with a more powerful petrol engine.
The new Ciaz will come with Maruti's in-house developed, 1.5-litre hybrid petrol engine.
This engine is capable of producing 103bhp and 138Nm of torque. The new engine will replace the older 90bhp 1.4-litre engine.
However, the diesel variant of the Ciaz will retain the tried and tested 1.3-litre engine. The diesel engine is sourced from Fiat and produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Apart from the new power unit, the Maruti Ciaz facelift will get a host of updates. The updates though will be minor upgrades as compared to the older generation.
Exterior updates on the Ciaz facelift include revised front & rear bumpers, new grille, redesigned air dam, 16-inch alloy wheels, new tail light and tailgate design.
On the inside, the 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift is expected to come with a more upmarket dashboard, seat upholstery and other additional features.
The Ciaz might also get an electric sunroof, additional safety features and improved material in the cabin.
Thoughts On The 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Launch Time Frame
With the more powerful petrol engine, Maruti hopes to attract more customers towards the Ciaz sedan offering.
The new Maruti Ciaz facelift once launched, will take on rivals such as the Hyundai Verna, Honda City and the Volkswagen Vento and the Skoda Rapid.