TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce the facelifted version of the Baleno in the Indian market. CarDekho reports that the Maruti Baleno facelift will be launched in the country by June 2019. The Maruti Baleno facelift is expected to get only cosmetic updates in its new avatar.
Maruti Suzuki is still working on the Baleno facelift and the company is yet to begin testing the new premium hatchback on Indian roads. The Maruti Baleno is likely to get subtle changes to the front and the rear end. The Baleno facelift might also get new features to compete with its rivals.
The currently sold Maruti Baleno draws power from a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel engine. The four-cylinder K-Series petrol engine produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed manual or CVT gearbox. The diesel unit produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque and the engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Maruti Suzuki also offers the sporty Baleno RS with the 1-litre three-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that is tuned to produce 101bhp and 150Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The Maruti Baleno facelift is likely to retain the current engine lineup.
Expect the Maruti Baleno facelift to be compliant with the BS-VI emission norms as it will be implemented from April 2020. The Baleno facelift will also comply with the upcoming Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP) and the hatchback will be tweaked to clear the strict crash tests.
Currently, the Maruti Baleno facelift comes with standard safety features such as dual airbags, ABS and ISOFIX child seat mounts. The facelifted Maruti Baleno is likely to be equipped with reverse parking sensors with camera, speed alert system and seat belt reminder as standard safety feature.
Thoughts On The Maruti Baleno Facelift
The Maruti Baleno has been one of the best-selling premium hatchbacks in the Indian market. Now, Maruti Suzuki is working on the facelited avatar of the Baleno that is expected to feature revamped exterior and interior design. The Maruti Baleno facelift will rival the likes of Hyundai Elite i20 and the upcoming Tata 45X premium hatchback.