- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Technology How to get 1.5GB data per day for one year from Vodafone
- Finance Gold Prices Slump Amid A Stronger Rupee And Rising Equities
- News BJP delegation meets EC, demands re-poll in violence hit constituencies of WB
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez made history for Honda in France
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
MapmyIndia Map App launched in India. Both Android and IOS users can now download the app free of cost.
The new MapmyIndia Map has built-in navigation, tracking and analytics features.
The new MapmyIndia app utilises maps created using images from ISRO's Bhuvan geo-portal.
Bhuvan provides 1m resolution satellite data for more than 350 cities in India and 2.5m resolution for other areas.
Once you download the Map app, it prompts users to sign-up or you can login via Facebook as well.
To find a location, the Map app utilizes eLoc: MapmyIndia's nationwide digital address system that provides a six character digital address to every area.
To find an address, users will need to enter the digital address in the search window.
The Map app also has features such as voice-guided directions, traffic information, estimated time of arrival and live traffic updates among others.
Additionally, users can share their location details via the app. The secure live location feature of the app updates your location periodically for a set duration, after which the link expires.
Also, the app can act as a mobile tracking device as well.
Another feature is the ‘World View' where users can share information about a particular location.
The World View provides information such as ratings, reviews, check-ins, and insider tips for tourists of the particular locality.
The app also offers highlights of nearby places of interest such metro stations, public toilets, parking spots and fuel stations.
The Map app stores detailed timeline of the history of where the user has been which is useful for cyclists or runners who would want keep track of the route, distance and duration.
Also, users can share their route with others and finally, they can report any issues regarding the map, traffic and civic issues to concerned authorities using the app.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The MapmyIndia Map App
The MapmyIndia Map app is a unique take on navigation which also comes with multiple functions for a long distance traveller as well as tourists in a new city.