TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Mahindra is all geared for the launch of their flagship product, which is scheduled for November 24, 2018. As per a recent report by AutoCarIndia, the SUV will be sold as the Alturas in India. This SUV is said to be the facelifted version of the SsangYong Rexton and will be sold under the Mahindra Badge.
The Mahindra will be placed above the XUV500 in the brand's India line-up. The Alturas gets a fresh look that's similar to the new international-spec Rexton. On the outside, the SUV gets some minor tweaks along with a grille which looks familiar to some of the outgoing Mahindra models. Just like the previous version, the new Alturas features a rugged body-on-frame construction.
There will be two variants of the Mahindra Alturas on offer: the lower spec G2 and high-end version G4 which will get a 2WD and 4WD system, respectively. It has got a ground clearance of 244mm and a 5.5-metre turning radius.
Powering the Alturas will be a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine which makes around 178bhp and a peak torque of 450Nm. There will be no manual gearbox on offer but will come mated to a Mercedes-sourced 7-speed automatic gearbox (just like the international-spec SsangYong G4 Rexton, which has a manual shifter as well).
The top trim of the Alturas SUV gets a 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options. Along with that it also gets features such as Nappa brown leather seat upholstery, automated tailgate, electronic parking brake, sunroof, ventilated seats with memory function and much more.
The SUV will be brought into the country via the CKD route and once launched, it will go up against the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. Mahindra has been very tight-lipped about the pricing of their flagship SUV but we are expecting a price tag north of Rs 23 lakh.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Alturas
By launching the Alturas, SUV fans in India who have the desire to see Rexton in the Mahindra skin will be overwhelmed. As far as the number of buyers goes, the SUV will take over the market as the demand for the SUV lovers has gone up in the recent past.