- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 6 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 6 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 8 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- News Mohamed Morsi, ousted Egyptian President, dies during trial
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra Electric and Zoomcar have announced the extension of their unique services of offering EVs as shared mobility Solution in Mumbai.
The two companies will offer 50 E2O Plus as self-drives. Mahindra will offer their all-electric, E2O Plus through the Zoomcar platform in Maharashtra. The company has planned to touch 100 EVs in the next quarter.
The first 50 E2O Plus cars, were flagged off at the Gateway of India. The cars were flagged off by Maharashtra Chief Minister, Shri Devendra Fadnavis and Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group.
The initiative is aimed at promoting connected, shared and electric mobility as a model. It will be in line with the government's 2030 vision. With recommendations from the NITI Aayog report.
The initiative first started in Mumbai as the city is the second-largest hub in the country. It is also an important business destination. This is one of the first initiatives taken as part of Maharashtra's EV policy 2018.
Mahesh Babu, CEO, Mahindra Electric, stated, "Mahindra Electric has been leading the EV space for close to a decade. We are proud to now extend our association with Zoomcar and introduce our EVs on the shared mobility platform in Mumbai."
"We are confident that our initiative will help people adopt EV as a technology and will contribute to Maharashtra's journey towards a greener future."
Greg Moran, Co-Founder & CEO, Zoomcar, stated, "As the pioneer in shared electric mobility in India, Zoomcar is thrilled to introduce EVs in Mumbai for the first time on a shared mobility platform."
"The Maharashtra government's progressive stand on EVs will surely contribute to a meaningful expansion of the electric ecosystem in the months and years ahead."
The vehicles under this initiative will be financed by Zoomcar and LeasePlan. Zoomcar will also obtain customised EV Financing.
Thoughts On Mahindra And Zoomcar EV Initiative
The Maharashtra state government is taking various steps towards switching to EV in the state. The state government also signed a MoU with Tata Motors recently for 1000 EVs.