TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Mahindra Electric and Zoomcar have announced the extension of their unique services of offering EVs as shared mobility Solution in Mumbai.
The two companies will offer 50 E2O Plus as self-drives. Mahindra will offer their all-electric, E2O Plus through the Zoomcar platform in Maharashtra. The company has planned to touch 100 EVs in the next quarter.
The first 50 E2O Plus cars, were flagged off at the Gateway of India. The cars were flagged off by Maharashtra Chief Minister, Shri Devendra Fadnavis and Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group.
The initiative is aimed at promoting connected, shared and electric mobility as a model. It will be in line with the government's 2030 vision. With recommendations from the NITI Aayog report.
The initiative first started in Mumbai as the city is the second-largest hub in the country. It is also an important business destination. This is one of the first initiatives taken as part of Maharashtra's EV policy 2018.
Mahesh Babu, CEO, Mahindra Electric, stated, "Mahindra Electric has been leading the EV space for close to a decade. We are proud to now extend our association with Zoomcar and introduce our EVs on the shared mobility platform in Mumbai."
"We are confident that our initiative will help people adopt EV as a technology and will contribute to Maharashtra's journey towards a greener future."
Greg Moran, Co-Founder & CEO, Zoomcar, stated, "As the pioneer in shared electric mobility in India, Zoomcar is thrilled to introduce EVs in Mumbai for the first time on a shared mobility platform."
"The Maharashtra government's progressive stand on EVs will surely contribute to a meaningful expansion of the electric ecosystem in the months and years ahead."
The vehicles under this initiative will be financed by Zoomcar and LeasePlan. Zoomcar will also obtain customised EV Financing.
Thoughts On Mahindra And Zoomcar EV Initiative
The Maharashtra state government is taking various steps towards switching to EV in the state. The state government also signed a MoU with Tata Motors recently for 1000 EVs.