TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Mahindra is gearing up to launch an SUV which will take on the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavor, as well as the Jeep Compass to an extent. However, Mahindra is looking to position the SUV as an affordable alternative to its rivals. The Mahindra XUV700 teaser reveals the silhouette of the flagship model of the company which will be a 7-seater SUV and will be the most feature-rich and capable off-roader.
The SUV is based on the SsangYong Rexton facelift model and will probably be called XUV700. The new Mahindra SUV is expected to luxurious and will be equipped with top-end features going by what Mahindra has to say in the teaser video. The rebadged SsangYong will be a fully loaded SUV with features such as projector headlamps, latest infotainment system, premium leather upholstery, a 360-degree camera, sunroof, a powered tailgate among others.
As the flagship SUV of Mahindra, the vehicle will be a reasonable off-roader and will be based on a ladder frame and fitted with a 4x4 system. The international-spec model is powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine which produces 186bhp and 420Nm of torque, and 7-speed automatic gearbox sends power to the rear wheels.
The India-spec though will be tweaked to give it a Mahindra touch with subtle visual changes to the fascia to suit the demand of the Indian customers. The Mahindra premium SUV will be revealed at the Auto Expo 2018 and is expected to be on sale later in the year.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV700 SUV
Looking to undercut the Toyota Fortuner by Rs 3-4 lakh, the Mahindra premium or luxury SUV is expected to give a stiff challenge to its competitors. Known for their robust build quality, Mahindra will ensure their flagship has all the elements to entice car buyers in India. Also, the company is expected to sell the premium SUV in the global market as an affordable alternative to other luxury SUVs.
Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring the live coverage of the Auto Expo 2018 when Mahindra debuts its luxurious flagship SUV in India.