TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Vertu Aster P With Real Leather Announced; Price Starts From Rs. 3 Lakh
- Ever Heard Of Glamping? Visit These 7 Places In India For Luxury Camping!
- Essential Oil Remedies To Treat Lice
- Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: 5 Interesting Things You Don't Know About This Sultry Actress!
- 2018 Yamaha R15 V3 Review — Unmistakable Racing Pedigree Made Evident
- Praveen Kumar Retires From All Forms Of Cricket
- Postal Life Insurance; All You Need To Know
Mahindra showcased their new upcoming SUV, the XUV700 at the 2018 Auto Expo. Now the much-awaited SUV offering from Mahindra has been spotted testing on the sand dunes in Rajasthan.
The Mahindra XUV700 will be placed above the XUV500 SUV offering. The upcoming XUV700 will be based on the ladder-frame chassis, while being 4,850mm in length, 1,960mm width and 1,825mm in height.
The wheelbase of the new Mahindra SUV is expected to be considerably more than its competition, the Toyota Fortuner.
The front of the Mahindra XUV700 gets a large bumper, new projector headlamps with LED DRLs and front grille, along with chrome inserts at the front. The SUV also features large wheel arches, alloy wheels, sharp creases and a sloping roofline.
At the rear, the XUV700 features wraparound LED tail lights, roof-mounted spoiler and also a high-mounted LED stop lights.
On the inside, the XUV700 is expected to get Nappa leather with ventilated seats. Other features on the new SUV offering includes an electric sunroof, cruise control, GPS navigation and rain-sensing wipers.
It is also expected to come with a large touchscreen infotainment system and smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Safety features on the Mahindra XUV700: nine-airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, 360-degree camera and traction control.
The new SUV offering from Mahindra will borrow the power unit from the Ssangyong Rexton. This will be a 2.2-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine. This power unit on the Rexton produces 178bhp and 480Nm of torque.
On the Mahindra XUV700, the engine will be mated either to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra XUV700 Spied
The new Mahindra XUV700 will boast of a high seating and a muscular stance. Once launched, the XUV700 will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Hyundai Tucson.
Picture Courtesy: 4X4 India