TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Mahindra showcased their new upcoming SUV, the XUV700 at the 2018 Auto Expo. Now the much-awaited SUV offering from Mahindra has been spotted testing on the sand dunes in Rajasthan.
The Mahindra XUV700 will be placed above the XUV500 SUV offering. The upcoming XUV700 will be based on the ladder-frame chassis, while being 4,850mm in length, 1,960mm width and 1,825mm in height.
The wheelbase of the new Mahindra SUV is expected to be considerably more than its competition, the Toyota Fortuner.
The front of the Mahindra XUV700 gets a large bumper, new projector headlamps with LED DRLs and front grille, along with chrome inserts at the front. The SUV also features large wheel arches, alloy wheels, sharp creases and a sloping roofline.
At the rear, the XUV700 features wraparound LED tail lights, roof-mounted spoiler and also a high-mounted LED stop lights.
On the inside, the XUV700 is expected to get Nappa leather with ventilated seats. Other features on the new SUV offering includes an electric sunroof, cruise control, GPS navigation and rain-sensing wipers.
It is also expected to come with a large touchscreen infotainment system and smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Safety features on the Mahindra XUV700: nine-airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, 360-degree camera and traction control.
The new SUV offering from Mahindra will borrow the power unit from the Ssangyong Rexton. This will be a 2.2-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine. This power unit on the Rexton produces 178bhp and 480Nm of torque.
On the Mahindra XUV700, the engine will be mated either to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra XUV700 Spied
The new Mahindra XUV700 will boast of a high seating and a muscular stance. Once launched, the XUV700 will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Hyundai Tucson.
Picture Courtesy: 4X4 India