TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Mahindra showcased their new upcoming SUV, the XUV700 at the 2018 Auto Expo. Now the much-awaited SUV offering from Mahindra has been spotted testing on the sand dunes in Rajasthan.
The Mahindra XUV700 will be placed above the XUV500 SUV offering. The upcoming XUV700 will be based on the ladder-frame chassis, while being 4,850mm in length, 1,960mm width and 1,825mm in height.
The wheelbase of the new Mahindra SUV is expected to be considerably more than its competition, the Toyota Fortuner.
The front of the Mahindra XUV700 gets a large bumper, new projector headlamps with LED DRLs and front grille, along with chrome inserts at the front. The SUV also features large wheel arches, alloy wheels, sharp creases and a sloping roofline.
At the rear, the XUV700 features wraparound LED tail lights, roof-mounted spoiler and also a high-mounted LED stop lights.
On the inside, the XUV700 is expected to get Nappa leather with ventilated seats. Other features on the new SUV offering includes an electric sunroof, cruise control, GPS navigation and rain-sensing wipers.
It is also expected to come with a large touchscreen infotainment system and smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Safety features on the Mahindra XUV700: nine-airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, 360-degree camera and traction control.
The new SUV offering from Mahindra will borrow the power unit from the Ssangyong Rexton. This will be a 2.2-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine. This power unit on the Rexton produces 178bhp and 480Nm of torque.
On the Mahindra XUV700, the engine will be mated either to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra XUV700 Spied
The new Mahindra XUV700 will boast of a high seating and a muscular stance. Once launched, the XUV700 will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Hyundai Tucson.
Picture Courtesy: 4X4 India