TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The Mahindra XUV 500 was launched in India at Rs 12.32 ex-showroom (Delhi). The 2018 Mahindra XUV 500 (or XUV500) gets subtle cosmetic enhancements along with a retuned turbocharger in the diesel engine. This means that the new Mahindra XUV 500 makes more power than before.
The flagship Mahindra also comes with many new features inside. The new XUV 500 is more luxurious than ever before.
That said, here are some things to know about the latest Mahindra XUV 500!
New Mahindra XUV 500 2018 – Power & Torque
The 2018 Mahindra XUV 500 uses the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. The engine now makes 155bhp @ 3750rpm and 360Nm of torque from 1750rpm, thanks to the new eVGT (Electronically Controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger). The engines come mated to either a 6-speed manual or an automatic transmission.
No changes have been made to the petrol engine of the Mahindra XUV 500. The 2.2-litre turbo petrol unit makes 140bhp @ 4500rpm and 320Nm @ 2000rpm. The only petrol version, G AT, comes mated to the 6-speed automatic gearbox.
New Mahindra XUV 500 2018 – Mileage & Fuel Tank Capacity
The new Mahindra XUV 500 2018 diesel has a claimed mileage of 15.4km/l. For the petrol Mahindra XUV 500, the mileage is claimed to be around 11km/l, but expect single-digit figures in real-world conditions.
To give a good driving range, the Mahindra XUV 500 has a fuel tank capacity of 70 litres.
New Mahindra XUV 500 2018 – Tyre Size & Turning Radius
The Mahindra XUV 500 rides on 235/65 R17 tyres. The top variant, W11 gets an even bigger 235/65 R18 tyres. The latest model gets a sportier five-spoke wheel design.
Although the Mahindra XUV 500 is long enough to accompany three rows of seating, it has a decent turning radius of 5.6m.
New Mahindra XUV 500 2018 – Weight & Overall Dimensions
At a gross weight of 2510kg, the Mahindra XUV 500 is not a light SUV. The diesel power plant has enough pulling power to make up for it, while the petrol XUV 500 struggles a bit for low-end torque.
Being a facelift, the 2018 XUV 500 doesn't get any major changes in the overall dimensions. The new Mahindra XUV 500 has 4585mm of length, 1890mm of width and 1785mm of height. Wheelbase stands at 2700mm.
New Mahindra XUV 500 2018 – The Rivals
The Mahindra XUV 500 was first launched in 2011. Since then, the flagship Mahindra has been sold in high numbers across India. Over the years, other manufacturers have introduced some SUV models to rival the XUV 500.
Today, the Mahindra XUV 500 has four main rivals: Tata Hexa, Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and even the Toyota Innova Crysta.
New Mahindra XUV 500 2018 – Additional Details
Here are some more things you would like to know about the new Mahindra XUV 500:
- 2018 Mahindra XUV 500: Top Features You Should Know
- 2018 Mahindra XUV 500: Variants in Detail
- Mahindra XUV 500 2018: New vs Old
- Mahindra XUV 500 vs Jeep Compass vs Hyundai Creta
Thoughts On The New Mahindra XUV 500
The Mahindra XUV 500 has always been a feature-loaded SUV. The additional equipment on the latest model has made it a ‘Plush New Mahindra XUV500'. The flagship Mahindra also gets a few segment-first and even industry-first features. What are your thoughts on the new Mahindra XUV 500?