TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Every Indian Get Rs 15 Lakh As Narendra Modi Promised?
- IPL Auction 2019 — The Final List of Teams And Players
- Saturn Is Losing Its Rings At Maximum Pace — NASA
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Reliance In Talks With Saudi Arabia For Joint Petrochemicals Project
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- What Do The Bracelet Lines On The Palm Reveal?
Auto Expo 2018: Mahindra TUV Stinger Concept revealed. The Mahindra TUV Stinger Concept is the drop-top version of Mahindra's TUV300 SUV and the convertible SUV will go into production if there is enough demand for it.
Mahindra claims that the TUV Stinger Concept is the first Indian convertible SUV that seamlessly marries the capability of an SUV with the stylishness of a convertible, The TUV Stinger is aimed at young active lifestyle seekers and urban explorers.
Powering the TUV Stinger is an engine from Mahindra's Diesel mHawk lineup which lives under the bonnet of the drop-top TUV Stinger. The turbo diesel engine kicks out 140bhp and 320Nm of torque.
Mahindra TUV Stinger Design
The new TUV Stinger concept is based on the Mahindra TUV300 compact SUV and it can be seen in the blocky design of the SUV. The front end of the SUV features Mahindra's corporate grille. However, all the lights including the headlamps, taillamps and the fog lamps are all LED units.
While the A-Pillar is unusually upright in its stance which adds to the boxy nature of the TUV's design. The interiors are spacious and the removal of the roof means that headroom will never be an issue.
Mahindra claims that the TUV Stinger has been designed as an urbane. rugged vehicle and that it radiates confidence and assurance, with the promise of safety and reliability.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Mahindra TUV Stinger Concept
The Mahindra Stinger concept sees the Indian carmaker showcase a new concept at the Auto Expo for the third time running. The new TUV Stinger marries the blocky design of an SUV with the fun nature of a convertible. While a drop-top TUV may come as a shock to the system, the new Stinger shows the growing popularity of SUVs in India.