- Yamaha Bikes & Scooters At Auto Expo 2018; R15 V3,0, YZF-R3, MT-09 & More
- Mahindra SUVs And Cars At Auto Expo 2018 - TUV Stinger Concept, eKUV100, Rexton & More
- Auto Expo 2018: Suzuki Intruder 150 FI Unveiled - Specs, Features, Expected Launch Date & Price
- Honda Cars At Auto Expo 2018 - New Amaze, CR-V, Civic & More
- Auto Expo 2018: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP Showcased; Specs, Features, Images & More
- Aprilia SR 125 First Look Review — The 125cc Italian Powerhouse
Auto Expo 2018: Mahindra TUV Stinger Concept revealed. The Mahindra TUV Stinger Concept is the drop-top version of Mahindra's TUV300 SUV and the convertible SUV will go into production if there is enough demand for it.
Mahindra claims that the TUV Stinger Concept is the first Indian convertible SUV that seamlessly marries the capability of an SUV with the stylishness of a convertible, The TUV Stinger is aimed at young active lifestyle seekers and urban explorers.
Powering the TUV Stinger is an engine from Mahindra's Diesel mHawk lineup which lives under the bonnet of the drop-top TUV Stinger. The turbo diesel engine kicks out 140bhp and 320Nm of torque.
Mahindra TUV Stinger Design
The new TUV Stinger concept is based on the Mahindra TUV300 compact SUV and it can be seen in the blocky design of the SUV. The front end of the SUV features Mahindra's corporate grille. However, all the lights including the headlamps, taillamps and the fog lamps are all LED units.
While the A-Pillar is unusually upright in its stance which adds to the boxy nature of the TUV's design. The interiors are spacious and the removal of the roof means that headroom will never be an issue.
Mahindra claims that the TUV Stinger has been designed as an urbane. rugged vehicle and that it radiates confidence and assurance, with the promise of safety and reliability.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Mahindra TUV Stinger Concept
The Mahindra Stinger concept sees the Indian carmaker showcase a new concept at the Auto Expo for the third time running. The new TUV Stinger marries the blocky design of an SUV with the fun nature of a convertible. While a drop-top TUV may come as a shock to the system, the new Stinger shows the growing popularity of SUVs in India.