TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
Auto Expo 2018: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust showcased. Mahindra & Mahindra has showcased the modified Thar Wanderlust with several updates. The Wanderlust edition of the Thar sits a level above the Thar Daybreak edition with significant modification done to the exterior bodywork of the SUV.
The prominent highlight of the Mahindra Thar Wanderlust is the gullwing-style doors on the sides to easily access the rear seats. Up front, the customised Thar features new seven-slat front grille, new bumper with winch, tow hooks, LED headlights with circular LED DRLs and fog lamps.
The Mahindra Thar Wanderlust edition also gets a snorkel for the air intake, sculpted bonnet and custom fenders at front and rear. The rear of the customised SUV features new tail light cluster, twin-exhaust pipes, new bumper and jerry cans on either side. The Thar Wanderlust sports a hard top with marker lights.
Other features of the Mahindra Thar Wanderlust include wing mirrors, 33-inch tyres, high lift jack mounted on the bonnet. The customised Thar is finished in the electric blue matte paint scheme. Overall, the Thar Wanderlust edition takes the customisation to another level as compared to the Daybreak edition of the SUV.
The interior of the Mahindra Wanderlust is similar to the standard version of the SUV except for some updates such as the dual-tone dashboard and steering wheel finished in beige as opposed to the black colour of the regular model. The cabin also sports four seats with Sparco front seats, sunroof and touchscreen infotainment system.
The Mahindra Thar Wanderlust draws power from the existing 2.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine producing 105bhp and 247Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox with four-wheel-drive-system. Mahindra has yet to confirm about retailing the Thar Wanderlust through its customisation house.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Wanderlust
The Mahindra Thar Wanderlust is a customised SUV designed for extreme off-roading. The Thar Wanderlust edition sits above the Daybreak edition of the SUV with several new updates such as gullwing-style doors and newly designed front and rear bumper. Other accessories such as a winch and high lift jack come in handy during off-roading.