- 19 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Movies Nikamma First Look: Abhimanyu Dassani & Shirley Setia Team Up For Sabbir Khan's Action Entertainer!
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Mahindra Marazzo sales figures have been constantly increasing month-on-month. Sales figures of the Mahindra Marazzo have now overtaken that of its competitor, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. In October 2018, the Marazzo has recorded sales of over 3,810 units, compared to the current-generation Ertiga which recorded just 1,387 units during the same month.
The Mahindra Marazzo was launched a couple of months ago in the Indian market. In the first monthitself, the MPV offering from Mahindra has managed to attract over 10,000 bookings.
The Mahindra Marazzo was recently updated with Apple CarPlay. It initially came with only Android Auto, but now the Marazzo has become the first Mahindra product with Apple CarPlay.
The Marazzo MPV is offered in both a seven and eight-seater configuration, with prices starting from Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Marazzo MPV s available with a single engine option; a 1.5-litre diesel power unit churning out 121bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Mahindra is said to be working on an AMT gearbox for the Marazzo while a petrol engine is also part of the company's future plans for the MPV.
Maruti Suzuki, on the other hand, is all set to introduce its latest iteration of the Ertiga in India. Ahead of its introduction in the market, Maruti is offering heavy discounts on its current-generation Ertiga MPV.
The new Maruti Ertiga will be based on the HEARTECT platform, similar to the Swift and Dzire models.
The latest-generation Ertiga will be powered by the new 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine with Maruti's mild-hybrid technology. The power unit will produce 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The Ertiga is also available in a diesel version with a 1.3-litre power unit producing 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
However, when it comes to the hatchback segment, the all-new Hyundai Santro has been receiving a lot of demand, since the time of launch. The new Santro has acquired over 30,000 bookings in under 15 days and has raced past some of its competitors such as the Tata Tiago in terms of sales. The small hatchback now sits just below the WagonR and the Celerio in the top-selling cars list for the month of October.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Marazzo vs Maruti Ertiga Sales Figures
The Mahindra Marazzo sales have been witnessing a decent growth over the past few months. Demand for the Mahindra MPV has also grown mainly due to the host of features available, along with its competitive pricing.
Maruti Suzuki has seen a slump in sales of the Ertiga, mainly due to the arrival of the new generation model. The new generation Maruti Ertiga, once launched is expected to offer stiff competition in sales to the Mahindra Marazzo.