- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 9 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Andhra Pradesh Assembly passes the 3 capital resolution Bill 2020
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Mahindra Marazzo sales figures have been constantly increasing month-on-month. Sales figures of the Mahindra Marazzo have now overtaken that of its competitor, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. In October 2018, the Marazzo has recorded sales of over 3,810 units, compared to the current-generation Ertiga which recorded just 1,387 units during the same month.
The Mahindra Marazzo was launched a couple of months ago in the Indian market. In the first monthitself, the MPV offering from Mahindra has managed to attract over 10,000 bookings.
The Mahindra Marazzo was recently updated with Apple CarPlay. It initially came with only Android Auto, but now the Marazzo has become the first Mahindra product with Apple CarPlay.
The Marazzo MPV is offered in both a seven and eight-seater configuration, with prices starting from Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Marazzo MPV s available with a single engine option; a 1.5-litre diesel power unit churning out 121bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Mahindra is said to be working on an AMT gearbox for the Marazzo while a petrol engine is also part of the company's future plans for the MPV.
Maruti Suzuki, on the other hand, is all set to introduce its latest iteration of the Ertiga in India. Ahead of its introduction in the market, Maruti is offering heavy discounts on its current-generation Ertiga MPV.
The new Maruti Ertiga will be based on the HEARTECT platform, similar to the Swift and Dzire models.
The latest-generation Ertiga will be powered by the new 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine with Maruti's mild-hybrid technology. The power unit will produce 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The Ertiga is also available in a diesel version with a 1.3-litre power unit producing 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
However, when it comes to the hatchback segment, the all-new Hyundai Santro has been receiving a lot of demand, since the time of launch. The new Santro has acquired over 30,000 bookings in under 15 days and has raced past some of its competitors such as the Tata Tiago in terms of sales. The small hatchback now sits just below the WagonR and the Celerio in the top-selling cars list for the month of October.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Marazzo vs Maruti Ertiga Sales Figures
The Mahindra Marazzo sales have been witnessing a decent growth over the past few months. Demand for the Mahindra MPV has also grown mainly due to the host of features available, along with its competitive pricing.
Maruti Suzuki has seen a slump in sales of the Ertiga, mainly due to the arrival of the new generation model. The new generation Maruti Ertiga, once launched is expected to offer stiff competition in sales to the Mahindra Marazzo.