TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
In recent times, taxi and fleet operators offer considerable sales for carmakers in India.
While the Maruti Dzire Tour and the Hyundai Xcent along with Toyota Etios series lead the segment, India's leading Utility Vehicle (UV) manufacturer Mahindra does not want to be left behind.
According to Autocar, Mahindra is readying to launch a new variant of its smallest SUV, the Mahindra KUV100 and is likely to be known as the Mahindra KUV100 Trip.
The KUV100 Trip will be based on the pre-facelift K2 variant, which comes with a 6-seater configuration.
The carmaker is likely to sell the KUV100 Trip as a 5-seater configuration in some Tier-1 cities such as Mumbai.
The significant aspect of the Mahindra KUV100 Trip is that for the first time Mahindra will offer the KUV100 Trip with a petrol-CNG configuration.
The Mahindra KUV100 Trip will get a 1.2-litre petrol-CNG version along with a diesel engine option.
Both the engines will be the same as the regular ones which power the KUV100, producing 70bhp (petrol) and 77bhp (diesel).
As for the equipment levels, the Mahindra KUV100 Trip will get power steering, AC, ABS with EBD, steel wheels, but will not get power windows.
The Mahindra KUV100 Trip colours include white and silver.
Initially, the KUV100 Trip will be offered to fleet and taxi operators.
DriveSpark's Thought About The Mahindra KUV100 Trip Launch
Mahindra is known for its utility vehicles and is quite popular among taxi or fleet operators in India.
With the Mahindra Verito not gaining sales, the carmaker has turned to its smallest vehicle, the KUV100 to improve sales.
The Mahindra KUV100 Trip is expected to add sales to the company and has the potential to threaten its rivals.
The KUV100 Trip price is expected to be Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 less than the regular model.