TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Mahindra & Mahindra and Ford have signed five new memoranda of understanding (MoU) to co-develop two SUVs and a new electric vehicle. Previously, the two automakers had announced their partnerhip for exploring electrification and future technology.
Under the new initiative, Ford and Mahindra will develop a midsize, C-segment SUV which will be built on the Mahindra platform. The SUV will be sold by both the companies and will get different model names. The JV will also develop a new compact SUV and an electric vehicle.
Apart from that, Mahindra-sourced engines will be used in Ford's future products in the Indian market. Currently, Ford retails only two SUVs in India and the new compact SUV will fill the void between the EcoSport and Endeavour. The new compact SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass.
The new MoU will be beneficial for both the companies, as Ford will leverage on Mahindra's strong presence in the utility vehicle segment in the country. On the other hand, Mahindra will make use of Ford's global reach to develop new products.
Apart from the new SUV and an electric vehicle, Ford and Mahindra will also co-develop connected car solutions. The teams from both the companies will work together for a period of up to three years.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Ford-Mahindra Partnership
Ford and Mahindra have announced a strategic partnership to develop new products for the Indian market. Ford will leverage on Mahindra's know-how in the utility vehicle segment by borrowing powertrains and will help faster product launches in India. We can expect the new compact SUV to hit the Indian roads in 2019.