TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Earlier this month, Mahindra & Mahindra and Ford have announced their strategic alliance to co-develop SUVs and electric vehicles.
According to Autocar India, the joint venture will build five all-new SUVs and an electric version of the Ford Aspire compact sedan.
The main focus of both these companies is to primarily come up with compact SUVs. Out of the five, three cars will be less than four metres long.
On the other hand, Ford is developing a car codenamed 'B763' which will go up against the likes of the Vitara Brezza. Also, the next-gen Ecosport codenamed 'B680', might launch in 2020.
Another addition to the range will be Mahindra's SsangYong Tivoli-based compact SUV codenamed 'S201', which will also wear a Ford badge. The Hyundai Creta also gets a competitor codenamed 'B563', as a mid-size SUV.
Ford's new C-segment SUV, based on Mahindra's W601 (next-gen XUV500), will be positioned above the Creta. The new W601's platform will be developed jointly by Mahindra, SsangYong and Ford.
"Today's announcement is the next step in the collaboration between Mahindra and Ford," said Dr Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. "Both teams are working together on joint development areas in keeping with industry requirements and leveraging mutual strengths. We are excited about the synergies unveiled through this collaboration and the potential opportunities it will bring."
One of the main reasons for the alliance is the development of the Ford Aspire EV that will use technology from Mahindra's EV division, Mahindra Electric. Ford will be reinforcing their line-up soon. On the other hand, Mahindra is all set to launch an updated version of the current-gen XUV500.