TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Mahindra has launched its new electric car brand, Automobili Pininfarina. The new company will design, engineer and develop high-performance electric cars for customers worldwide. Based in Europe, will launch its first electric hypercar in 2020.
The new company will combine the legendary automotive design prowess of Pininfarina, along with Mahindra's expertise in EV gained through its participation in Formula E racing.
Automobili Pininfarina will launch its first electric hypercar in 2020 under the Italian company's badge.
Automobili Pininfarina headquartered in Europe will be led by Michael Perschke as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the new company. Their first model once launched in 2020 will be limited to a 100 units and rival the 1,500bhp Bugatti Chiron.
The new hypercar will have similar modular underpinnings as on the Croatian-based electric supercar company, Rimac. The car will be able to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in two seconds, while 300km/h will come in less than 12 seconds.
Top speed of the electric hypercar will be at around 400km/h, while having a range of 500km on a single charge. Perschke revealed that the new hypercar in 2020 will cost around two million euros, which is equivalent to around Rs 16 crore.
Speaking on the occasion, Paolo Pininfarina, Chairman, Pininfarina SpA, said, "This project helps me and my family to realise my grandfather's dream of seeing outstanding innovative cars solely branded Pininfarina on the roads."
Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group, said, "Italy's renowned design expertise produces objects of true beauty and unique style. Drawing upon the pedigree and design vocabulary of the Pininfarina aesthetic heritage we will develop a rare collector's item that only a handful of connoisseurs will ever own. It will be an innovative and pioneering product powered by high technology."
Thoughts On The Mahindra And Pininfarina's 2020 Electric Hypercar
Mahindra acquired the Pininfarina company back in 2015, giving them access to the design prowess of the Italian car company. Now, with the combined expertise of Mahindra and Pininfarina in their respective fields, we are sure to get a hypercar like no other, with zero emissions.