- 8 min ago Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- 36 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sport Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 7.98 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 16 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- Movies Aladdin Full Movie Leaked Online In Tamil For Free Download By Tamilrockers
- News Karnataka CET 2019 to be declared today at this time
- Technology Redmi K20 will be based on Snapdragon 730: Will retain the headphone jack
- Finance Go Air Offers Steep Discount On 1 Million Seats; Fares Rs. 899 Onwards
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mahindra eKUV100 unveiled at Auto Expo 2018. The eKUV100 is the electric version of the micro SUV. The all-electric KUV100 will be the first SUV from the carmaker to be launched in India in an all-electric version. The KUV100 EV is expected to be launched by the end of 2018 or early 2019, beginning the era of EVs in India. Mahindra is pushing ahead with its plans of electrifying its entire range in the future, and the KUV100 will lead the vision of the carmaker.
Visually, the Mahindra eKUV100 is similar to the regular model, except for the EV badging at the rear. The KUV100's swooping lines and contours continue to flow across the body of the EV version as well. On the inside, the interiors are the same as the regular model, but with the gearshift stick missing, the six-seater layout makes a lot more sense in the EV version of the KUV100.
The carmaker claims the electric KUV is equipped with smartphone connectivity, remote diagnostics, cabin pre-cooling, and real-time location tracking. Additionally, the connectivity feature also keeps an eye on the driving patterns of the driver with battery status.
The KUV100 EV employs the same 30KW motor and lithium-ion battery pack as the eVerito which is on sale in the market. Mahindra claims the eKUV100 a driving range of 140km on a single charge and that the battery is capable of fast charging which can charge to 80 percent in less than an hour. It's being reported that the all-electric KUV could get an updated motor and battery pack upon launch.
The carmaker's official subsidiary for producing EVs, Mahindra Electric, has been instrumental in developing EVs for the country. The company already retails the e2o and the eVerito in the passenger segment, while e-Supro is available in the commercial segment.
Thoughts About The Mahindra eKUV100
The electric version of the Mahindra KUV100 previews the EV era in India and what it can offer for a car buyer who is conscious of a clean environment. Also, by electrifying an existing production model helps cut the cost of manufacturing and concentrate on the better battery pack with better driving range. That said, India is yet to increase its infrastructure especially charging stations across the country.