- 27 min ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 51 min ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 59 min ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 1 hr ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Movies Kabir Singh Actor Shahid Kapoor Feels Nervous To Attend Film Functions After Long Break From Movies
- Sports CoA reign ends as Sourav Ganguly set to take over as 39th BCCI president
- News J&K: Army jawan martyred by terrorists in Naushera sector; encounter on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Technology Vodafone Offering 4G Smartphones At Rs. 799 Down Payment
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Mahindra eKUV100 unveiled at Auto Expo 2018. The eKUV100 is the electric version of the micro SUV. The all-electric KUV100 will be the first SUV from the carmaker to be launched in India in an all-electric version. The KUV100 EV is expected to be launched by the end of 2018 or early 2019, beginning the era of EVs in India. Mahindra is pushing ahead with its plans of electrifying its entire range in the future, and the KUV100 will lead the vision of the carmaker.
Visually, the Mahindra eKUV100 is similar to the regular model, except for the EV badging at the rear. The KUV100's swooping lines and contours continue to flow across the body of the EV version as well. On the inside, the interiors are the same as the regular model, but with the gearshift stick missing, the six-seater layout makes a lot more sense in the EV version of the KUV100.
The carmaker claims the electric KUV is equipped with smartphone connectivity, remote diagnostics, cabin pre-cooling, and real-time location tracking. Additionally, the connectivity feature also keeps an eye on the driving patterns of the driver with battery status.
The KUV100 EV employs the same 30KW motor and lithium-ion battery pack as the eVerito which is on sale in the market. Mahindra claims the eKUV100 a driving range of 140km on a single charge and that the battery is capable of fast charging which can charge to 80 percent in less than an hour. It's being reported that the all-electric KUV could get an updated motor and battery pack upon launch.
The carmaker's official subsidiary for producing EVs, Mahindra Electric, has been instrumental in developing EVs for the country. The company already retails the e2o and the eVerito in the passenger segment, while e-Supro is available in the commercial segment.
Thoughts About The Mahindra eKUV100
The electric version of the Mahindra KUV100 previews the EV era in India and what it can offer for a car buyer who is conscious of a clean environment. Also, by electrifying an existing production model helps cut the cost of manufacturing and concentrate on the better battery pack with better driving range. That said, India is yet to increase its infrastructure especially charging stations across the country.