- 6 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 7 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 7 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- 9 hrs ago Hero Electric Scooter Prices Dropped By Up To Rs 15,000: Optima HX FAME 2 Subsidy Revised Price List
- Sports German GP: Zarco halts Quartararo's streak to grab pole
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- News BJP slams Telangana government over its decision to lift COVID-19 lockdown from Sunday
- Movies Maanaadu: Meherezylaa Song Teaser Promises A Unique Romantic Number!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
- Education UGC Launches Academic Job Portal For NET, SET, PhD Qualified Candidates
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
Indian automaker Mahindra is developing a new electric compact sedan, and now more details have been revealed. Economic Times reports that the upcoming Mahindra electric sedan is expected to be an electrified version of the Ford Figo Aspire.
We have already reported about Ford and Mahindra joining hands to explore electrification and technology. Now, the report states that Mahindra will make use of Ford's B562 platform for its new electric sedan. An official announcement will be made regarding the same in the coming days.
Ford retails the Figo Aspire sedan in India with petrol and turbocharged diesel engine. Mahindra will benefit from Ford as it does not need to invest heavily in developing a new platform for the new electric sedan.
Ford will also gain from the electric vehicle technology of Mahindra and can deploy in its cars. Currently, Mahindra offers the eVerito electric sedan in India which is also being supplied to EES, a government organisation.
The Mahindra eVerito is based on the Renault Logan and has been in the Indian market for quite some time. But, the Ford Figo Aspire is a sedan with fresh looks and will appeal to the buyers. The electric variant of the Figo Aspire will be a better option for Mahindra, and it could be an affordable electric sedan.
Ford and Mahindra will jointly develop the new electric car and will tailor them separately as per their requirements. Toyota and Maruti Suzuki have formed a similar JV to manufacture lithium-ion batteries.
Toyota will also provide electric vehicle technology to Maruti which will produce affordable electric cars in India.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Mahindra Electric Sedan
Mahindra has been a pioneer in the electric vehicle segment in India. Now, Mahindra has joined hands with Ford to develop new EVs for India. The new electric sedan from Mahindra will be based on the Ford Figo and will be more attractive in design as compared to the eVerito.