- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra & Mahindra is the only automaker in India to retail electric vehicles and now the company plans to develop new electric cars. Yes, ETAuto reports that Mahindra is considering to develop a new electric hatchback and a mid-sized sedan.
The report also states that Mahindra might develop the new products in collaboration with the Italian design firm Pininfarina. The new mid-sized electric sedan could be also based on a Ford sedan or Mahindra will develop the sedan from scratch.
With all the major manufacturers eyeing on the electric car segment, Mahindra is not ready to lose to any of its rivals. Mahindra has already lost to Maruti Suzuki in the utility vehicle segment. Now, Hyundai, Toyota and Maruti Suzuki are planning to introduce electric cars in the Indian market.
MD of Mahindra & Mahindra, Pawan Goenka has stated that the company might develop a new product which will feature an electric powertrain. He also stated that a small electric hatchback will be ideal for shared mobility providers such as Ola and Uber and it makes good economic sense.
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are expected to launch the electric vehicles in India by 2020 and Hyundai will also introduce its electric cars in the country in the coming years. Currently, Mahindra is the leader in the electric vehicle segment and the company aims to maintain that position.
Apart from the new electric hatchback and sedan, Mahindra will also introduce the electric version of the KUV100 which is codenamed as S110. It will be followed by another electric compact SUV which will be based on the SsangYong platform and it has been codenamed as S210.
Thoughts On Mahindra Developing New Electric Hatchback And Sedan
Electric vehicles are said to be the future of mobility and major automakers are already developing new EVs for the Indian market. Mahindra has been a pioneer in the electric vehicle segment and now the company plans to develop new products in this segment. The SUV specialist will be keen to lead the EV segment with the introduction of new products.