- 10 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 11 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 12 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 13 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Technology Buying Guide: No Cost EMI Offers On Best Laptops For Students
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 1: Career Best Opening For Ram Pothineni!
- News Karnataka crisis: BJP lawmakers dine, sleep inside Vidhana Soudha to protest bias
- Sports McIlroy disappointment at nightmare Open start not enhanced by being at Portrush
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Jeep India has been doing really well in the country after the brand introduced the Compass. In fact, the American brand has sold over 25,000 Jeep Compass units in less than a year. To celebrate this remarkable feat, the brand has installed a billboard beside Mumbai-Pune Expressway; the largest in India.
The Jeep Compass billboard is 77.1 metres wide and 19.9 metres tall. The more prominent element in the billboard is the 'Jeep' logo which is 50.17 metres long and 20.05 metres tall.
It took over three weeks of planning to bring the billboard into a reality. Over 50 initial designs were made before fixing the one you see here. 70 people had to work for over 45 days to finish its construction.
The entire structure weights more than 80 tonnes.
Jeep India had previously introduced the limited-edition Jeep Compass Bedrock to celebrate the SUV's 25,000-sales milestone. The Compass is also the most-awarded SUV of 2017-18.
The Jeep Compass is available in both petrol and diesel power plants. The 2.0-litre diesel engine makes 171bhp and 350Nm of torque. The diesel engine comes mated only to a six-speed manual transmission.
The Jeep Compass petrol, on the other hand, is powered by a 1.4-litre turbocharged unit that makes 160bhp and 250Nm of torque. The petrol variant comes only with a 7-speed automatic transmission. There is also an all-wheel-drive variant for the diesel avatar.
The Compass is manufactured at Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles India's joint venture plant in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra. The vehicle is built with 65% localisation.
You can know more about the SUV in our official review of the Jeep Compass.
Regarding the Jeep Compass billboard, the following video would help:
Thoughts On The Largest Billboard In India
A lot of brands put up billboards to advertise their products. While some of them are just normal, some follow a more creative approach. But Jeep India has gone one step ahead by installing the largest billboard ever made in India! The company would've surely spent a lot to make this structure. However, all of this amount will be regained back through the Compass's strong performance in the market.