- 32 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 33 min ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 1 hr ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Sports Batting coach Bangar's son gets tips from bowling coach Arun
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Land Rover India has updated their flagship SUV models with new advanced connectivity features. As part of the update, the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery models will come with an enhanced InControl Package with features such as Protect, Remote Premium and Secure Tracker.
Land Rover products have always been at the forefront when it comes to advanced engineering and technological innovations in the luxury-SUV market. The new update will further make their market presence strong enough to a good competition to rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz GLS, Audi Q7 and BMW X5.
The InControl Package already brings a host of feature including a WiFi hotspot. It was in 2017 when Land Rover first introduced 4G-capable WiFi and Pro Services. As an add-on, the British company also introduced Land Rover Optimised Assistance and SOS Emergency Call.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director at Jaguar Land Rover India shared, "It has been our endeavour to bring the very best and latest connected car technologies into India and we are delighted that our tech-savvy customers can now enjoy a more safe and secure driving experience."
Here is a brief outline of the new features:
Protect: During a vehicle breakdown, the driver can hail immediate assistance by selecting ‘Optimised Assistance' from the infotainment system or on the InControl Remote smartphone app. This connects a helpline assistant who will then assign a service unit to the vehicle location. In the event of a major accident, SOS Emergency Call will be automatically activated and the nearest emergency service will be deployed to the location.
Remote Premium: Through this, users can interact with their Land Rover through the InControl Remote app. The feature lets them control the cabin temperature before getting in the car. Furthermore, owners can lock/unlock the vehicle, receive notifications if the vehicle alarm has set off, flash the headlamps or beep the horns to help locate the vehicle in crowded parking lots and even fold the seats.
Secure Tracker: During an attempted vehicle theft, a notification will be triggered to the ‘Stolen Vehicle Tracking Centre', which in turn alerts the user about the same. The user can then opt to contact a local enforcement agency and share the exact location of the vehicle for recovery.
Thoughts On The New Land Rover Feature-Update
The new update to the InControl Package brings quite some interesting security features. Being premium products, such features are really necessary to ensure both the safety of the vehicle and its passengers. Land Rover makes some of the best off-roaders in the business and the new update will make them even more desirable.