- 5 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Sacred Games 2: This Retro Photo Shoot Of The Sacred Games 2 Cast Will Make Your Eyes Pop!
- News ‘Cheap publicity’: Kumaraswamy says fake letter being circulated on his resignation
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 Available At Rs. 1,000 Discount On Amazon
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Jaguar Land Rover has launched their 2019 Discovery Sport in India. The MY2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport is priced at Rs 44.68 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The 2019 model comes with a number of updates, most important being the re-tuned engine which now produces more power output.
The Land Rover Discovery Sport is available in three trims - Pure, SE and HSE. All three variants come powered by the same 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol and diesel engines. The Ingenium diesel now comes re-tuned to produce an improved power output of 177bhp, compared to the 147bhp in the earlier model.
We got a chance to drive the MY2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport with the Ingenium diesel engine — read our review here.
The re-tuned engine will be available on the SE and HSE trims while the base ‘Pure' variant continues to have 147bhp.
The petrol version of the Land Rover Discovery Sport, will continue with the 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol producing 237bhp. The petrol power unit is available only on the SE and HSE trims. All petrol and diesel units will further be mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. We have driven the petrol-powered Discovery Sport as well — read our review here.
Apart from the increased output from the diesel powertrain, the Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE trim now comes with an exclusive Dynamic Design Pack, along with an upgraded Touch Pro Infotainment System.
The new Dynamic Design Package offers a host of significant exterior upgrades. This includes a body styling kit, chrome tailpipe finishers and a special Black Pack. As part of the Black Pack, the Discovery Sport HSE features a unique black grille, rear licence plate plinth in black and a red coloured ‘Sport' badging.
Rohit Suri, President & MD, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd., stated, "With the Model Year 2019 Discovery Sport, we now offer our customers an extensive range of derivatives and enhanced powertrain options that provide efficiency and an improved driving experience. It adds on the unique combination of versatility and distinctive design that has made the Discovery Sport one of the leading models in the Land Rover portfolio."
Thoughts On The MY2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport
The 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport comes with a number of updates, most important being the upgrade in power. The 2019 Discovery Sport rival the Germans such as the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and the Mercedes-Benz GLC in India.