- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Which constituencies are voting today; Complete list of polls and by-polls on Oct 21
- Movies Badshah Responds After Dr Zeus Accuses Bala Filmmakers Of Having Plagiarized ‘Don’t Be Shy’
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Lamborghini GIRO 2018: Lamborghini Bengaluru hosted the GIRO 2018 aka Bull Run on 24th June 2018. The event witnessed the participation of around 15 Lamborghinis from across South India. GIRO 2018 was an exciting event for both the participants and spectators.
The run started from Lamborghini Bengaluru's dealership in Vittal Mallya Road, West Bangalore. Car spotters, organisers, bystanders and of course, a whole bunch of Lamborghinis, filled the entire road, from as early as 6:30 in the morning. Strict security was maintained at the venue to ensure the safety of all cars.
The cars then proceeded to a 100-plus-kilometre drive through the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway. There was a pit stop on the way, at a petrol station in Chikkaballapur. The bright colours of the cars attracted a lot of attention there too. The final stop was at Taj Bangalore, near Kempegowda International Airport. There, the cars were parked orderly around the hotel premises. The guests at the hotel were also surprised to see such a good collection of cars at a single place.
Even though the crowd was quite less compared to that on public roads, security was still high. Anyone who tried to go close to the cars was immediately stopped by the guards.
The majority of the lineup included the Lamborghini Huracan Coupe; both LP610-4 and LP580-2. There were also a few Huracan Spyder models. Meanwhile, three Gallardos brought a nostalgia element.
An Aventador Roadster finished in a rather elegant Azzurro Thetys shade joined the gathering later. It is one of the earliest Aventador models sold in the country.
Stealing the show was a Rosso Bia red Aventador SV Roadster; the only one in the country (and one of 500 in the whole world). Owned by Mr K V Prasad from Bangalore, the car was fitted with a one-of-30 Balboni Titanium exhaust system which creates quite some acoustic pleasure from its naturally-aspirated V12.
For those who do not know much about Lamborghini models or the output they create, here are the specifications of some cars from the event:
- Aventador LP700-4: 6.5-litre V12 | 690bhp | 690Nm
- Aventador SV LP750-4: 6.5-litre V12 | 740bhp | 690Nm
- Huracan LP610-4: 5.2-litre V10 | 602bhp | 560Nm
- Huracan LP580-2: 5.2-litre V10 | 571bhp | 540Nm (rear-wheel-drive)
- Gallardo LP560-4: 5.2-litre V10 | 552bhp | 540Nm
The Aventador models come mated to a seven-speed single-clutch semi-automatic gearbox. The Huracan variants have a more advanced seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. The Gallardo models came either with a 6-speed manual or an e-gear (semi-automatic).
Thoughts On GIRO 2018
Even though there is a niche, yet a good market for supercars in the country, the owners seldom take these cars out on the road. GIRO 2018, hosted by Lamborghini Bengaluru created an opportunity for the owners to take their cars for a good drive and also for enthusiasts to see the machines up close.
Of course, the onlookers didn't have the best time with all the security and restrictions. However, one blip on the throttle was enough to cheer them up.
Check out more images from this year's Bull Run, in the album below: