- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Kia will bring in the production-spec, SP Concept SUV to India sometime during mid-2019. The company recently started a competition called the 'Fame for Name'. This competition allows potential customers to come up with original names for the new Kia SUV.
Kia then selected four of the best names, while starting a web poll. Here, potential buyers can vote for their favourite name for the SUV.
Among the four names, Trazor currently holds the lead as the most probable nameplate for the upcoming production-spec SP Concept SUV.
The four names in Contention: Tusker, Trazor, SP-Z and the Trailster. At the time of this article being published, the Trazor and the Tusker were the most popular names with 61 and 25 percent votes, respectively.
While the SP-Z and the Trailster both had under 10 percent, with the Trailster being the least popular among the four names.
Kia also has said, that the winners of the competition, stand a chance to win exclusive company merchandise.
Kia Motors showcased the SP Concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. The new SUV will roll down the assembly line sometime during the mid-2019.
Kia will manufacture the SUV at their new facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The plant is expected to be ready by 2019 and will have a production capacity of 3,00,000 units.
While not much information is known about the SUV, we can expect it to receive features on par with some of its Indian rivals. Once launched in India, the Kia SUV will rival the Hyundai Creta, Renault Duster and the Captur.
The production-spec SUV will resemble the near-production SP Concept showcased at the Auto Expo. The SUV will be the first model from Kia to enter the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Kia Trazor SUV
Kia Motors will enter the Indian market in 2019, with an SUV rivalling the Hyundai Creta. We can expect the pricing of the new SUV to remain similar to its rivals in the segment.
Apart from the new SUV, Kia is also looking to introduce four new models within an 18-month span. Kia is also evaluating the introduction of the Stonic and the Grand Carnival MPV in India.