- 5 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights Of The Auto Industry From The Past Week
- 6 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Here Are The Important Highlights From The Previous Week
- 20 hrs ago Ather Energy Expansion Plans: New Cities To Be Added & Other Details
- 21 hrs ago Tata Nexon Connected Technology Features Explained In New Video: Watch It Here!
- Sports It's been great to meet Virat Kohli at a young age and follow his progress: Kane Williamson
- News Kerala gangrape case: NCW seeks action taken report from Kerala Police
- Finance Benchmark Indices Expected To Gain Further Momentum Next Week
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Series With Localised Features To Launch Soon In India
- Lifestyle Animal Bite: Why Do They Bite? Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Sonu Sood Sends 200 Idli Vendors Home To Tamil Nadu; Breaks Coconut In Front Of The Buses
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Kia will bring in the production-spec, SP Concept SUV to India sometime during mid-2019. The company recently started a competition called the 'Fame for Name'. This competition allows potential customers to come up with original names for the new Kia SUV.
Kia then selected four of the best names, while starting a web poll. Here, potential buyers can vote for their favourite name for the SUV.
Among the four names, Trazor currently holds the lead as the most probable nameplate for the upcoming production-spec SP Concept SUV.
The four names in Contention: Tusker, Trazor, SP-Z and the Trailster. At the time of this article being published, the Trazor and the Tusker were the most popular names with 61 and 25 percent votes, respectively.
While the SP-Z and the Trailster both had under 10 percent, with the Trailster being the least popular among the four names.
Kia also has said, that the winners of the competition, stand a chance to win exclusive company merchandise.
Kia Motors showcased the SP Concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. The new SUV will roll down the assembly line sometime during the mid-2019.
Kia will manufacture the SUV at their new facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The plant is expected to be ready by 2019 and will have a production capacity of 3,00,000 units.
While not much information is known about the SUV, we can expect it to receive features on par with some of its Indian rivals. Once launched in India, the Kia SUV will rival the Hyundai Creta, Renault Duster and the Captur.
The production-spec SUV will resemble the near-production SP Concept showcased at the Auto Expo. The SUV will be the first model from Kia to enter the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Kia Trazor SUV
Kia Motors will enter the Indian market in 2019, with an SUV rivalling the Hyundai Creta. We can expect the pricing of the new SUV to remain similar to its rivals in the segment.
Apart from the new SUV, Kia is also looking to introduce four new models within an 18-month span. Kia is also evaluating the introduction of the Stonic and the Grand Carnival MPV in India.