- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
South Korean automaker Kia Motors made its India debut at the Auto Expo 2018. The company showcased several models and also unveiled the SP Concept compact SUV which is developed for the Indian market.
Now, Autocar India reports that Kia is considering the Stonic crossover and the Grand Carnival MPV for the Indian market.
Kia will launch its first product in India in 2019 and the SP Concept-based compact SUV will be the first car from the South Korean company. Kia will also introduce a sub-four metre SUV in the country which will be based on the Hyundai Carlino SUV.
The report states that the Kia Stonic and the Grand Carnival attracted the Indian audience at the Auto Expo 2018 and now the company is evaluating both the models for India. The Kia Stonic is based on the Hyundai Kona crossover and the platform of the Stonic could spawn several other products in the future.
The Kia Stonic features company's signature Tiger Nose grille and angular headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights. The sloping roof design, flared wheel arches and alloy wheels add to the sporty look of the Kia Stonic.
In the global market, the Kia Stonic is offered with a 1.2-litre petrol, 1-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.6-litre diesel engine. Transmission options include a 5-speed and 6-speed manual gearbox and 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The crossover is offered in a front-wheel-drive configuration.
The Kia Grand Carnival is a premium MPV and it is also called as Sedona in the North American market. The Grand Carnival is a five-door MPV and is offered in seven, eight or eleven-seater configuration. The MPV also gets premium features such as dual-sunroof, power sliding rear doors and three-zone air conditioning.
Globally, the Kia Grand Carnival draws power from a 2.2-litre diesel engine paired to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The MPV with the eleven-seater configuration will be the USP of the Grand Carnival if the MPV is launched in India.
Thoughts On The Kia Stonic And Grand Carnival
Kia is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market in 2019. Now, the reports suggest that the company is evaluating two more products for India. The Stonic is a crossover and the Grand Carnival is an MPV.
With the popularity of utility vehicles in India, the Grand Carnival would be a hit if Kia gets the pricing right. The Grand Carnival might be positioned above the Toyota Innova Crysta.