- 5 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 6 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 7 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 8 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- Technology Vodafone Offers Fastest 4G Network Speed In Delhi NCR: Ookla
- News 'Gratified as a lawyer', says Harish Salve on ICJ's verdict in Jadhav case
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Kia Stinger GT Spotted In Chennai, India: While Kia Motors have initiated their India-debut, the Hyundai-subsidiary has not shared many details about when they will start selling their products in the country. Now, some images of a Pearl White Kia Stinger GT have surfaced on social media.
The images shared by AutomobiliArdent, shows the car being unloaded from a container truck. The Stinger GT we see here is in the ‘S' trim, which adds a set of 19-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, Brembo brakes and some electronic driving aids.
Not many details are known about the car's whereabouts. But we believe that this could be a showcase model for an upcoming Kia Motors India event.
The Kia Stinger GT S was first showcased in India, a day before Auto Expo 2018. The car was globally unveiled at the 2017 Detroit Motor Show and caught the attention of many enthusiasts worldwide.
The first sports-GT saloon from Kia Motors is available in three engines: 2.0-litre turbo petrol, 2.2-litre diesel and a top-of-the-line 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged V6. All the three come mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The 2.0-litre petrol makes 244bhp and 353Nm of torque and can sprint to 100kph in 6 seconds. It has a top speed of 240kph. The 2.2-litre diesel puts out 197bhp and 440Nm of torque. It can sprint to 100kph in 7.7 seconds and has a top speed of 230kph.
Till now, only the V6-powered Kia Stinger GT S has been showcased in India. The 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged V6 makes 365bhp @ 6000rpm and 510Nm of torque from as low as 1300rpm. The performance saloon can do a 0-100km/h sprint in 4.7 seconds until it tops out at 270km/h.
While the Kia Stinger is predominantly a rear-wheel-drive car, anall-wheel-drive powertrain is available as an option in global markets. The Stinger is based on a shortened chassis of the Hyundai Genesis.
Being a flagship, the Kia Stinger GT also packs a good amount of features; some of which are mentioned below:
- Nappa leather upholstery
- LED headlamps with ‘Dynamic Bending'
- Heads-Up Display
- Powered tailgate
- 15-speaker Harman/Kardon audio system
- 360-degree camera
- Electronically-Controlled Suspension (ECS)
- Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
- Heated & Cooled Seats
If launched in India, the Kia Stinger GT S will rival the Audi S5 and Mercedes-AMG C43. Kia Motors might also introduce the 2.0-litre petrol and 2.2-litre diesel models to rival some of the entry-level luxury saloons such as the Audi A4, BMW 3-Series, Jaguar XE and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
Thoughts On The Kia Stinger GT Spotted In Chennai, India
The Stinger GT proved that Kia Motors can also make sporty and capable products rather than just affordable passenger cars. The Stinger features a sharp design language with a lot of performance to back it up. With three engines on offer, the Kia Stinger GT could be one of the best performance sedans you can buy in India, at an expected price range from Rs 25 lakh to 75 lakh ex-showroom.
What are your thoughts on the Kia Stinger GT?