TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
South Korean automaker Kia has teased a new electric concept car ahead of its debut at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
The new concept vehicle is christened as Niro EV, and the teaser images reveal that it's an electric vehicle. Kia has not revealed the technical details of the new concept model.
By looking at the teaser images, we can say that the Niro EV concept previews the next-gen Niro Sports Utility Vehicle. Kia has already confirmed about the pure-electric powertrain, and the EV lettering on the rear of the concept car gives away the secret.
Kia states that the Niro EV Concept will be equipped with the "never-before-seen" Human Machine Interface (HMI). The concept electric vehicle will also come with a new lighting system named as Motion Graphic, which previews the features to be introduced in the future models.
This statement from Kia suggests that not all the features will be available in the production version of the Niro EV Concept. Kia already retails the Niro mild-hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants.
The Kia Niro is likely to utilise the same electric powertrain of the Hyundai Ioniq EV. The Hyundai Ioniq is also available in both mild-hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions. Apart from the Niro EV Concept, Kia will also showcase its autonomous driving system named as 'Beyond Autonomous Driving'. Kia will also display its in-car 5G mobile data system.
Vice-Chairman and Head of Hyundai-Kia R&D Center, Dr. Woong-cheol Yang said, "Virtual reality, self-driving cars, and full vehicle connectivity were all once considered technologies of the distant future. As they rapidly become a reality, Kia is exploring how to adapt these new technologies for its customers."
South Korean automaker Kia is all set to unveil its new electric vehicle concept which will make its debut at the 2018 CES in Las Vegas. The company is yet to reveal the technical specs of the car. Kia will be the latest automaker to join the electric bandwagon. Apart from the Niro EV Concept, Kia will also showcase its technological advancement in the form of the autonomous driving system.