- 7 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 8 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV's India-assembly operations have officially started. The upcoming Jeep Compass Trailhawk variant is produced at Fiat Chrysler's Ranjangaon (Maharashtra) facility and will be launched in early-2019.
The Trailhawk variant comes with a lot of cosmetic changes compared to the regular Jeep Compass sold in India. The prominent changes on the Jeep Compass Trailhawk include the redesigned bumper with the red tow hooks, slightly higher ground clearance, 17-inch wheels and a panoramic sunroof.
Jeep India recently launched the new Compass Limited Plus variant at Rs 21.07 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Since that time, Jeep fans have been waiting for the Compass Trailhawk to come to India; the popular five-seater SUV in various global markets, including the USA.
Highlights such as the ‘Trailhawk' badging, a new 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen infotainment (available on the Limited Plus) and host of safety aids further add to the equipment list. Once launched in India, it will be the most premium Jeep Compass variant available for purchase.
Being a Jeep product, the Compass has got appreciable off-roading capabilities; although not as extensive as a Wrangler. We have tested it out in various Indian terrains and environments — read our official Jeep Compass review.
The current version of the Jeep Compass in India is offered in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.4-litre MultiAir turbocharged petrol engine makes 160bhp and 250Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission.
As for the diesel version, power comes from a 2.0-litre Multijet unit. The engine is good for 170bhp and 350Nm of torque, while being mated to a six-speed manual. Only the diesel variant gets all-wheel-drive.
Meanwhile, the India-spec Jeep Compass Trailhawk is expected to come only in a diesel format. However, unlike the regular variant, the diesel engine will be mated to a new nine-speed ZF automatic transmission which drives all four wheels.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is expected to carry a price tag of almost Rs 23 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched, it will rival the Mahindra XUV 500 and the highly-anticipated Tata Harrier.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Trailhawk
When Jeep first came to India, they only had the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler on offer; both priced at a higher premium compared to its rivals. Sales were quite low and it was when the Compass was introduced that the company started seeing profits. In fact, the Jeep Compass has witnessed record sales figures over since its launch and the Trailhawk variant will boost it even further.