- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 9 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 9 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 10 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Cyclone Vayu, headed for North Gujarat, to weaken further
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has recalled the 2018 Jeep Compass SUV in the US market over a brake system issue. The Jeep Compass sold in the Indian market is not affected by this recall. Apart from Jeep Compass, FCA has also recalled several other models for the same issue.
Globally, FCA has recalled 2,09,000 minivans and SUVs due to a faulty brake system. The recall has affected several models such as the 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Jeep Compass and 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan. Most of these models are sold in the US market.
FCA has stated that the brake system was not manufactured according to the specifications and this has allowed gas bubbles to form in the brake fluid. The company also said that it has not received any reports of crash due to the faulty brake system. The air bubbles in the brake fluid can cause longer stopping distances.
The owners of the affected vehicles will be notified by the dealers. FCA states that the brake fluid will be replaced to avoid the formation of air bubbles. The Jeep Compass sold in the Indian market is not affected by this recall and the customers in India need not worry about this recall.
The Jeep Compass SUV sold in the US market are imported from the company's Toluca plant in Mexico. Worldwide, the Jeep Compass is manufactured in four countries: Brazil, Mexico, China and India. The Ranjangaon plant in Pune also exports right-hand-drive Compass to several global markets.
Previously in 2017, the Jeep Compass was recalled in India over airbag issue, around 1,200 units were affected by the recall. But this time the recall has not affected the India-spec models. The Jeep Compass has been selling in good numbers in the Indian market and FCA will also introduce the Trailhawk edition of the Compass in the country in the coming months.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Recall
The Jeep Compass sold in global markets such as the US has been recalled over brake system issue. Although the issue is not a major one, FCA has recalled the vehicles considering the safety of its customers. The Jeep Compass manufactured in India are not affected by this problem.