- 1 hr ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 2 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Renault Reveals Official Teaser Video For The Triber — More Passion For Life Coming July 2019
- News Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray to attend Amit Shah's NDA dinner
- Sports Jofra Archer drafted into England's World Cup squad
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan UNAFFECTED By Vivek Oberoi's Tweet; Deepika Padukone In Awe Of Aaradhya
- Finance Rupee Seen At 67/Dollar On Modi Win
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Technology Astronomers determine Planet Nine orbit; could be hiding beyond Kuiper Belt
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
American automaker Jeep has revealed the new facelifted 2018 Cherokee SUV at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show. The new 2018 iteration of the SUV features a redesigned front end and mechanical updates and will go on sale later this year.
The prominent highlight of the 2018 Jeep Cherokee is its front profile. The front fascia of the facelifted SUV sports a rounded nose which is in line with the current Jeep lineup. The previous model features an edgy pointed nose Apart from that the front profile gets the signature seven-slat grille, stylish headlamps with LED DRLs and aggressive bumper.
The rear profile of the 2018 Cherokee features a host of changes in the form of tailgate-mounted number plate housing, muscular bumper with a large scuff plate and new LED tail light design. The new Jeep Cherokee is shod with 19-inch alloy wheels, and the top-spec Trailhawk model gets 17-inch wheels with off-road tyres.
The interior of the new Cherokee sports an 8.4-inch or 7-inch Uconnect infotainment system depending on the variant. The infotainment system comes with connectivity options such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Bluetooth. The overall layout of the dashboard is similar to the Compass with subtle updates to the upholstery.
The 2018 Jeep Cherokee gets a new 2-litre four-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine producing 266bhp and 400Nm of torque. Jeep will also offer two naturally aspirated petrol engines, a 2.4-litre unit producing 178bhp and a 3.2-litre V6 engine churning out 267bhp.
The Transmission options on the new Jeep Cherokee include a 9-speed automatic gearbox across all the three engines. The new SUV is equipped with a permanent four-wheel-drive system with new rear drive module which makes the vehicle a front-wheel-drive SUV in some conditions.
Jeep states that the 2018 Cherokee is equipped with over 80 safety and security features which includes adaptive cruise control, park assist, forward collision warning and lane departure warning. The 2018 Cherokee will be available in five trim levels starting with the Latitude and going all the way to the top-spec Trailhawk edition.
The 2018 Jeep Cherokee now sports a conventional front end similar to the other Jeep models. The front fascia is now rounded and matches the overall design of the SUV. Apart from that it also gets a new turbocharged petrol engine and several other safety and security features. The updated SUV will go on sale in the UK later this year.