- Kerala Floods 2018 — Facts & Precautions To Know While Driving Through The Flooding
- Driving Licence And RC In Digital Formats Valid — Transport Ministry Notifies The States And Police
- No Phone Calls While Driving For Bangalore Bus Drivers — BMTC Officials Pass New Instruction
- Porsche Centre Bengaluru Sells India’s First 911 GT2 RS – The Most Insane Modern Porsche 911
- Gujarat Might Follow ‘One Citizen, One Vehicle’ Rule Soon — Government Asks RTOs To Prepare Data
- Seven Days Jail Time For Drunken Driving: Goa Police Asks To Amend Motor Vehicles Act Accordingly
A model-turned-businessman, Rrahul Tanejaa has paid Rs 16 lakh for a fancy number plate. The Jaipur based businessman got the number '1' registered for his latest luxury car, the Jaguar XJ L.
According to Hindustan Times, Tanejaa bought the Jaguar for Rs 1.5 crore and had to wait one and a half months for the special number. He bought the car on March 25th and had the highest bidding for a premium number in the state.
Rrahul Tanejaa is a 37-year old businessman, who runs his own Event Management Company. His obsession with the number ‘1' started long back in 1996 when he bought his first second-hand scooter with the number ‘RJ 14 23M 2323', the numbers of which add up to 1. (2+3+2+3 =10; 1+0 = 1)
Talking about his obsession, he stated, "I believe in being number one in whatever I do. I want my event management company to be number one in the country."
Apart from the Jaguar, Tanejaa also bought a BMW 5-series in 2011. Even on this, the number plate was registered as RJ 14 CP 0001. He reportedly paid Rs 10.31 lakh for this number plate as well. Tanejaa later upgraded the 5-series to a 7-series but retained the same number plate.
He also bought a Skoda Laura only because it was registered with the ‘RJ 20 CB 0001' number plate.
Until he was 18 years, Rrahul Tanejaa used to work odd jobs, selling different items: Kites, Rakhis, colours during Holi, crackers during Diwali and even leather jackets on the footpaths.
At 18 years, he tried his hand at modelling, which turned out to be a success for him. He stated, "My life had been full of struggle - now when I have money, I want to enjoy it."
Also Read: World's Most Expensive Number Plate
Thoughts On The Rs 16 Lakh Fancy Number Plate
Rrahul Tanejaa's life is a rags-to-riches story in itself. From selling leather jackets on the footpath to spending lakhs of rupees on fancy number plates.