- 15 min ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 1 hr ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Jaw-dropping On The Day Nine?
- News At 28, Tejashwi Surya is youngest candidate to win 2019 LS polls
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi denies alleged corruption relating to IAAF World Athletics Championship
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jaguar XE & XF Ingenium Petrol variants launched in India. Prices for the new Jaguar Ingenium XE & XF starts at Rs 35.99 lakh & 49.80 lakh, respectively. Jaguar has already introduced Ingenium diesel engines in India in May 2017, and with the new petrol Ingenium XE & XF, the brand aims to strengthen their product range.
In the premium sedan segment, petrol cars have lately been getting more preference than diesel models. Jaguar has taken note of this and has hence launched the Ingenium petrol variants. Jaguar Ingenium models were already available in foreign markets.
About Ingenium Engines
While traditional engines are made of heavy cast-iron blocks, Jaguar Ingenium engines are formed out of Aluminium. Aluminium being lightweight reduces the sprung mass of the car. Additionally, Ingenium engines are also claimed to have low frictional properties on the cylinders walls. This helps in better efficiency and power delivery. Ingenium petrol engine also uses a patented Variable Valve Timing technology. Ingenium engines have good thermal properties too.
Jaguar XE & XF Ingenium Petrol Specifications
The new 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine comes in two states of tunes: 197bhp and 247bhp. It is mated to an 8-speed Electronic Automatic Transmission which employs ‘Jaguar Sequential Shift' and ‘ All Surface Progress Control'. The Ingenium petrol engines in the Jaguar XE & XF have twin-scroll turbos, tuned to give optimum torque at all rpm ranges.
The 197bhp tune comes in the Jaguar XE Prestige, XE Pure and the XF Prestige. The 247bhp tune is available only in the Jaguar XE and XF Portfolio,
Jaguar Models Currently Sold In India
Currently, the Jaguar product lineup in India consists of five models: XE (Rs 35.99 lakh), XF (Rs 46.60 lakh), F-PACE (Rs 60.02 lakh), XJ (Rs 1.01 crore) and the F-TYPE (Rs 1.34 crore). All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Features-wise and options-wise, the Ingenium variants offer no difference with the other Jaguar XE and XF.
Thoughts On The New Jaguar Ingenium XE & XF
Jaguar gives a lot of importance towards making their cars driver-focused. The Ingenium engines have been designed and developed to deliver the same driving dynamics associated with any other Jaguar. The automotive sector in India is also pushing towards BS-VI emission norms, which Ingenium engines are already compliant with.