- 7 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Jaguar has revealed the I-Pace electric SUV at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The I-Pace becomes the first electric vehicle from the stable of British luxury car maker. The Jaguar I-Pace is based on an all-new aluminium platform and gets a new electric motor.
Jaguar states that the overall design of the I-Pace is based on the physics. The bonnet of the electric SUV is short due to the absence of an engine. The front end of the Jaguar I-Pace features a sloping bonnet, sleek LED headlights, honeycomb grille and wide air dam. The SUV also gets new LED DRLs and alloy wheels.
The side profile of the Jaguar I-Pace sports a sloping roofline with ORVM integrated turn signal lights. The I-Pace has undergone testing in some harsh terrain and temperatures ranging from -40 degrees to 40 degrees Celsius. Jaguar is not branding the I-Pace as an off-roader, but it is capable of water wading up to 500mm.
The interior of the Jaguar I-Pace is spacious and gets a lot of storage space. The interior features InControl Touch Pro Duo infotainment system with InControl remote with Alexa skill. The electric SUV also gets 4G Wi-Fi hotspot, three 12V sockets, six USB ports and one HDMI/HML port.
The Jaguar I-Pace is equipped with electric motors, one on each axle producing a combined power output of 395bhp and 696Nm of torque. The electric motors are placed as low as possible for efficient weight distribution. The I-Pace also features all-wheel-drive system and can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 4.5 seconds.
The electric motors draw power from a 90kWh lithium-ion battery pack with a driving range of over 480km. The battery can be charged up to 80 percent in just 45 minutes on a 100kW rapid charger. The production of the Jaguar I-Pace will commence this year, and the deliveries will begin from July 2018.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Jaguar I-Pace
The I-Pace becomes the first rival to Tesla from a major automaker. The Jaguar I-Pace will lock horns with the likes of Tesla Model X. The Jaguar I-Pace features a conventional design language and advanced technology with unmatched performance and excellent driving range. Jaguar has not revealed its plans to bring the I-Pace to India. But with the push towards electric vehicles, India might get the I-Pace after a couple of years.