- 26 min ago MG Hector Bookings Closed For 2019 — Receives 21,000 Bookings Since Start
- 1 hr ago Kia Seltos Vs MG Hector Vs Jeep Compass — Does The Kia Seltos Have What It Takes?
- 3 hrs ago Tata Buzzard (Cassini) Spied While Testing — Seven Seats Coming Soon!
- 3 hrs ago FASTag Toll Payments Mandatory From November 2019 — Time To Go The FASTag Way
- Sports Neymar back in action at Red Bull Five World Final
- Lifestyle JNU Security Guard Cracks Varsity’s BA Entrance Exam To Study Russian Language, Grit Being His Only
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A10e With Infinity-V Display, Exynos 7884 Up For Grabs
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: Alia Bhatt & Anil Kapoor Have The Sweetest Wishes For Our Desi Girl
- Finance Ebay Buys Stake In Paytm Mall
- News IT dept attaches properties worth Rs 400 crores in probe against Mayawati's brother: Reports
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Jaguar has confirmed that the I-Pace eTrophy race series will begin from December 15, 2018, in Saudi Arabia. The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will be a one-make championship with racers competing in the race-spec Jaguar I-Pace.
The race-spec Jaguar I-Pace cars will be provided by the company's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) unit. The race grid will include 20 cars and there will be ten rounds in the championship. The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will run alongside the Formula E races.
All the ten rounds will be held in different countries except for the last two races which will take place in New York. The race will last for 25 minutes and the practise and qualifying will be held before the race. Apart from that, each race will have a celebrity driver.
To make the Jaguar I-Pace race-ready, SVO will equip the car with a roll cage, race-spec suspension and other aerodynamic modifications such as a fixed rear wing and diffuser. Jaguar has not yet revealed the specs of the standard version of the I-Pace, so the power figures of the race-spec I-Pace remains to be a mystery.
But the production-spec Jaguar I-Pace will be equipped with two electric motors at the front and rear, respectively, with a combined power output of 394bhp and 695Nm of torque. The electric motors will draw power from a 90kWh lithium-ion battery. The car will be capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in just 4.5 seconds.
The race-spec Jaguar I-Pace will sport improved power figures as compared to the road-going version. The race-spec car will also be lighter than the standard model. The launch of the Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will be a boost to the Formula E series as it lacked a support racing championship.
Thoughts On The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy Race Series
The I-Pace will be Jaguar's first electric car and now the company has announced a racing series for the same. It will be interesting see the performance of the cars as the races will be held alongside the Formula E championship. The electric racing series has become popular around the world and the Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will boost the series.