- 20 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- 1 day ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 1 day ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 1 day ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- Finance 5 Ideas To Generate Income Streams In Your Retirement Years
- Sports Sanju Samson reveals reason behind his strange celebration after scoring fifty for Rajasthan Royals
- News Dasara: Mysuru gears up for mini 'jamboo savari' amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Lifestyle List Of Foods And Drinks You Should Avoid During Pregnancy
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Jaguar has confirmed that the I-Pace eTrophy race series will begin from December 15, 2018, in Saudi Arabia. The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will be a one-make championship with racers competing in the race-spec Jaguar I-Pace.
The race-spec Jaguar I-Pace cars will be provided by the company's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) unit. The race grid will include 20 cars and there will be ten rounds in the championship. The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will run alongside the Formula E races.
All the ten rounds will be held in different countries except for the last two races which will take place in New York. The race will last for 25 minutes and the practise and qualifying will be held before the race. Apart from that, each race will have a celebrity driver.
To make the Jaguar I-Pace race-ready, SVO will equip the car with a roll cage, race-spec suspension and other aerodynamic modifications such as a fixed rear wing and diffuser. Jaguar has not yet revealed the specs of the standard version of the I-Pace, so the power figures of the race-spec I-Pace remains to be a mystery.
But the production-spec Jaguar I-Pace will be equipped with two electric motors at the front and rear, respectively, with a combined power output of 394bhp and 695Nm of torque. The electric motors will draw power from a 90kWh lithium-ion battery. The car will be capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in just 4.5 seconds.
The race-spec Jaguar I-Pace will sport improved power figures as compared to the road-going version. The race-spec car will also be lighter than the standard model. The launch of the Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will be a boost to the Formula E series as it lacked a support racing championship.
Thoughts On The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy Race Series
The I-Pace will be Jaguar's first electric car and now the company has announced a racing series for the same. It will be interesting see the performance of the cars as the races will be held alongside the Formula E championship. The electric racing series has become popular around the world and the Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will boost the series.