- 15 min ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 1 hr ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Jaw-dropping On The Day Nine?
- News At 28, Tejashwi Surya is youngest candidate to win 2019 LS polls
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi denies alleged corruption relating to IAAF World Athletics Championship
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jaguar has confirmed that the I-Pace eTrophy race series will begin from December 15, 2018, in Saudi Arabia. The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will be a one-make championship with racers competing in the race-spec Jaguar I-Pace.
The race-spec Jaguar I-Pace cars will be provided by the company's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) unit. The race grid will include 20 cars and there will be ten rounds in the championship. The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will run alongside the Formula E races.
All the ten rounds will be held in different countries except for the last two races which will take place in New York. The race will last for 25 minutes and the practise and qualifying will be held before the race. Apart from that, each race will have a celebrity driver.
To make the Jaguar I-Pace race-ready, SVO will equip the car with a roll cage, race-spec suspension and other aerodynamic modifications such as a fixed rear wing and diffuser. Jaguar has not yet revealed the specs of the standard version of the I-Pace, so the power figures of the race-spec I-Pace remains to be a mystery.
But the production-spec Jaguar I-Pace will be equipped with two electric motors at the front and rear, respectively, with a combined power output of 394bhp and 695Nm of torque. The electric motors will draw power from a 90kWh lithium-ion battery. The car will be capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in just 4.5 seconds.
The race-spec Jaguar I-Pace will sport improved power figures as compared to the road-going version. The race-spec car will also be lighter than the standard model. The launch of the Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will be a boost to the Formula E series as it lacked a support racing championship.
Thoughts On The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy Race Series
The I-Pace will be Jaguar's first electric car and now the company has announced a racing series for the same. It will be interesting see the performance of the cars as the races will be held alongside the Formula E championship. The electric racing series has become popular around the world and the Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy will boost the series.