- 10 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jaguar F-Type Bookings Open In India: British luxury car manufacturer, Jaguar has started accepting bookings for their flagship supercar, the F-Type SVR. The 2018 F-Type SVR is priced at Rs 2.65 crore ex-showroom (India). The car is available in both coupe and convertible formats.
The Jaguar F-Type SVR is a popular supercar among car enthusiasts across the world. The product has been developed by the Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) team at Jaguar Land Rover.
The SVO division has a team of engineers and other experts who focus on design, performance and aerodynamics of Jaguar or Land Rover products. The latest SVR gets minor updates such as a new headlamp cluster, bumpers and tail lamps compared to the older model.
The new Jaguar F-Type SVR has been concentrated a lot to shed weight. To achieve this, the SVR has been fitted with a lightweight Titanium and Inconel exhaust system and Forged alloy wheels. The suspension and brakes have also been tweaked to reduce weight while not compromising on the car's handling.
Powering the Jaguar F-Type SVR is a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 that makes 567bhp and 700Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission.
The Coupe version of the supercar can do a 0-100km/h sprint in just 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 322km/h. The Convertible, being a bit heavier than the Coupe, showcases lesser performance. It can reach 100km/h from a standstill in almost 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 314km/h.
The improved performance is also due to the wider Pirelli P-Zero tyres (10mm wider than the standard F-Type's). In short, the F-Type SVR is a supercar while the regular model is a sportscar.
Rohit Suri, MD of Jaguar Land Rover India shared, "The new F-Type SVR is the first Jaguar car to have been developed by the Special Vehicle Operations. Their ideas of precision engineering reflect brilliantly in each aspect of the car. Be it design, performance or comfort; sports car enthusiasts will experience all these features when behind the wheel of the new F-Type SVR."
The Jaguar F-Type SVR rivals the Porsche 911 Turbo S, Audi R8 V10 Plus, Nissan GT-R and Mercedes-AMG GT R in India.
Thoughts On The New Jaguar F-Type SVR
The market for high-end performance vehicles and supercars is growing steadily in India. Though our country doesn't have the best of road conditions to use these machines' full potential, manufacturers still find India as a potential market. As for the Jaguar F-Type, it has a good balance between outright performance and everyday-usability.