TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Jaguar F-Type Ingenium petrol launched in India. Jaguar has extended its F-Type line-up with the launch of the Ingenium petrol engine. The new four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine is available on both body styles: Coupe and Convertible.
The F-Type Coupe has a price tag of Rs 90.93 lakh. While the F-Type Convertible costs Rs 1.01 crore. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The Ingenium petrol engine on the F-Type produces 300bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox, powering the rear wheels.
According to Jaguar, the new Ingenium engine is lighter by 52kg. This helps achieve a claimed top speed of 250km/h. While taking 5.7 seconds to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h.
Most of the weight reduction has been done over the front axle. This according to Jaguar helps deliver greater steering response, body control and ride comfort. The F-Type also features a switchable active exhaust system, which further enhances the driving experience.
Rohit Suri, President & MD, JLR India Ltd., said, "We are very excited about the introduction of the 2.0-litre engine on the F-Type. This will make our sports car brand more accessible to Jaguar fans and customers across the spectrum."
"Enthusiasts are sure to be thrilled by the appeal of this pure breed F-Type with its own unique driving character."
Ingenium engines are formed out of Aluminium, which is a lightweight metal. Being lightweight, the overall sprung mass of the car is reduced. Aluminium also has low frictional properties, which improves efficiency and power delivery.
Currently, Jaguar's India line-up consists of five models: XE (Rs 39.73 lakh), XF (Rs 49.58 lakh), F-Pace (Rs 62.99 lakh), XJ (Rs 1.10 crore) and the F-Type (Rs 90.93 lakh).
Thoughts On The Jaguar F-Type Ingenium Petrol
Jaguar recently launched the 2018 F-Type SVR in India, at Rs 2.65 crore, ex-showroom (India). The Jaguar F-Type Sports car in India rivals the likes of the Porsche Cayman and the Boxster.