TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Isuzu launched the MU-X SUV in India in May 2017 which replaced the MU-7. The MU-X is the flagship offering from the Japanese automaker in the country. Now, GaadiWaadi has spotted the Isuzu MU-X facelift being tested on Indian roads.
This suggests that Isuzu is planning to launch the MU-X facelift in the Indian market in the coming months.
The Isuzu MU-X facelift is finished in heavily camouflaged livery which hides the exterior design. But the new Isuzu MU-X has already been revealed in the Southeast Asian markets in 2017. The MU-X facelift will come with a host of changes to the exterior design as compared to the currently sold model.
The new facelifted Isuzu MU-X features projector headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights and slightly revamped front bumper. The rear profile of the SUV gets LED elements on the tail light cluster and a revised bumper. The new MU-X also features new alloy wheels.
The interior of the Isuzu MU-X sports a redesigned dashboard with dual-tone beige and black colour theme. The cabin also gets wooden trims to enhance the premium appeal. The centre console is expected to get a new infotainment system and the SUV will also get new features as compared to the current model.
The Isuzu MU-X facelift is likely to draw power from the same 3-litre diesel engine that produces 174bhp and 380Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed automatic gearbox. But the globally sold model gets a 6-speed automatic gearbox which could be introduced in India.
Isuzu also offers a 1.9-litre turbocharged diesel engine in the global markets. The smaller diesel engine churns out 148bhp and 350Nm of torque. But Isuzu is unlikely to introduce the 1.9-litre unit in the Indian market. Overall, the Isuzu MU-X facelift looks refreshing with the new design elements.
Thoughts On The Isuzu MU-X Facelift
The Isuzu MU-X facelift features a new front and rear fascia with subtle changes to the exterior and interior design. Mechanically, the SUV is expected to remain the same. Once launched in India, the MU-X facelift will rival the likes of Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner, and the upcoming Mahindra-branded Rexton SUV.