- 19 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Movies Nikamma First Look: Abhimanyu Dassani & Shirley Setia Team Up For Sabbir Khan's Action Entertainer!
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Sports TNPL 2019: Madurai Panthers vs Dindigul Dragons: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Hyundai has updated the Xcent compact sedan with additional standard safety features. Yes, the Hyundai Xcent now gets ABS and EBD as standard safety feature across all the variants. Previously, the Hyundai Xcent was available with dual airbags as standard across all the trim levels.
Apart from that Hyundai has also removed the mid-spec E+ variant of the compact sedan. The Hyundai Xcent is now offered in four variants: E, S SX and SX(O). After the update, the prices for the Xcent start at Rs 5.5 lakh for the base petrol variant and the top-spec diesel variant is priced at Rs 8.61 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Hyundai Xcent draws power from a 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engine. The petrol engine is tuned to produce 82bhp and 114Nm of torque while the diesel engine churns out 70bhp and 170Nm of torque. The petrol engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox. The diesel engine gets a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The Hyundai Xcent rivals the Maruti Dzire and the new Honda Amaze. The Dzire and the Amaze are also equipped with dual airbags and EBD as standard features. But both these sedans does not get EBD as standard. So, the Xcent now has an upper hand over its rivals in terms of safety.
In terms of sales, the Hyundai Xcent holds the third position in the compact sedan segment and new Amaze is the current segment leader. We have already reported about Amaze recording over 30,000 unit sales in just three months since its launch. Hyundai will also introduce an all-new Xcent with new design and features.
The Hyundai Xcent has been a decent performer in the Indian market and with its efficient and reliable engine, the sedan delivers a healthy mileage. The interior space is also good, and it is also equipped with a host of features to keep you comfortable.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Xcent
The Hyundai Xcent has become even safer with the addition of standard safety features. ABS and EBD are now standard across all the trims and it is a very good move from the South Korean automaker. The prices of the Hyundai Xcent remains unchanged despite the minor updates.